Not much is happening around the office today. It was actually so quiet during lunch I read a little bit of Nancy Drew: The Sign of the Twisted Candles at Little Jackalope’s suggestion. Pretty much the biggest thing that happened today was our windows got washed. But that is not very excited to you so today I made another list for you guys.
The Phantom of Venice is definitely not the first time Nancy can be heard mumbling random thoughts in the bathroom. However they may not be as random as you thought. They are actually all previous quotes from games or spoofs off of previous quotes! Here is a list I made of the possible bathroom quotes in this game.
- Nancy Drew: Secrets Can Kill- “Hi. i’m Connie.” (Reference to Connie Watson)
- Nancy Drew: Stay Tuned for Danger- “BLT Kaisurr…BLT Kaisurr Where have I heard that name before?” (Some of the notes written to Rick Arlen were signed by BLT Kaisurr) “Don’t take any wooden quarters!” (Millie Strathorn is known to say “Don’t take any wooden nickles!”)
- Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion- “I’ll sing a Yerba Buena song in a house high about the sea.” (This is a line from the Bandit’s Tower)
- Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower- “Did you come out here for the…cheese?” (Nancy says this to Jacques Brunais)
- Nancy Drew: The Final Scene- “Fight the shower!” (Spoof of Nicholas Falcone’s catchphrase, “Fight the Power!”)
- Nancy Drew: Secret of Scarlet Hand- “Behold! Out heroine emerges from the tomb like a manatee!” (This is a spoof of the quote by Alejandro del Rio, “Behold! Out heroine emerges from the tomb like a mermaid from the sea!”)
- Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake- “Money won’t get flushed down this toilet!” (When Nancy reads the article about Emily Griffen after sorting the envelopes, this quote is included in an advertisement for solid gold toilets.)
- Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel- “No high heels, spurs, or peg legs please!” (This is located on a sign outside the carousel)
- Nancy Drew: The Secret of Shadow Ranch- “You got a steady back home?” (Dave Gregory says this to Nancy)
- Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor- “Hmm. I wonder what a num num is?” (Mrs. Drake tells the plants she is tending to that she will feed them “num nums” or “nummies”)
- Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock- “Of course it tastes bad! It’s a squirrel!” (This is a combination of two quotes by Mrs. O’Shea “Of course it tastes bad, Clarence. It’s a pine cone. and “Your’e not a squirrel, Clarence!”)
- Nancy Drew: Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon.- “Cheeseburger.” (Joe Hardy says this to correct Nancy when she says that he wants a hamburger)
- Nancy Drew: Danger by Design- “You are rude, Nancy Drew, oh so rude.” (Minette uses the word “rude” when something is cool)
Did you ever hear something from the bathroom and have no idea where it is from? What is your favorite quote from Nancy in the bathroom? My favorite is when she says “B.S. has B.O.”. However, that quote is not said in this game.