What We Collect
Information You Give Us: Her Interactive receives and stores any information you enter on the Sites (for example, when you register with a Site or register a warranty, participate in chat or bulletin boards, or participate in contests, events or promotions) or provide in any other manner, including via e-mail. This may include your personally identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address, home address, phone number or other personally-identifiable information (“Personal Information”). Her Interactive may also collect general demographic information, such as your age, hobbies, and other preferences. Her Interactive will only collect personal information reasonably necessary to comply with your requests and with Her Interactive’s legitimate business interests. Of course, you can choose not to provide such information, but you might not be able to access certain sections of the Site or use certain services. Her Interactive uses the information that you provide for such purposes as facilitating your use of the Sites, responding to your requests for information, improving the products and services we offer, and communicating with you regarding special events, news, announcements and other topics. In addition, please see our Message Board Rules for information on personal information you may disclose in messages you post.
Children Under Age 13: We do not knowingly collection information from children. On some Sites (including but not limited to the Message Board), we may ask you to provide us with your age information. If you indicate you are under age 13, Her Interactive will (i) collect no or limited personal information (e.g., persistent identifier and/or email address only) from you; (ii) inform you that your parent or guardian’s verifiable consent is required; and/or (iii) collect the email address of your parent or guardian. We may use the parent or guardian’s email address to seek verifiable consent or notify the parent or guardian of your online activities and enable them to unsubscribe you from a newsletter, Message Board, or other similar activity. If you are under age 13, we will not condition your participation in an online activity on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
Automated Information Collection: Her Interactive receives and stores certain types of information whenever you visit the Site. In addition to information you provide, we may collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the IP address of the computer you are using; the browser and operating system you are using; the date and time you access the Site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to the Site. We use “cookies” to automatically gather some of this information. A cookie is a small text file that Her Interactive’s system sends to your computer to collect information about your activities on the Site. The cookie transmits this information back to the Site each time your browser requests a page from the Site, and the information is stored to help facilitate your use of the Site the next time you visit. If you do not want to receive cookies from the site, you can set your browser to not accept cookies.
How We Use Information
We use the information you provide and we collect to:
- Administer the Site and diagnose problems with our server;
- Verify your identity;
- Provide you with information about the Site and Her Interactive and our
products and services;
- Communicate with you to notify you when you win one of our contests or
sweepstakes or when we make changes to our policies or user agreements;
- Fulfill your requests for our products, programs, services and content;
- Provide or analyze your use of our products, programs, services and
- Facilitate sharing and other interactions with Social Media Sites;
- Provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect, and improve your
experience and our offerings; and
- Measure the number of visitors to the Site and how the Site is used, in
order to make the Site as useful as possible to our visitors.
The site may contain links to other sites. These links are for the convenience of visitors to the site only, and Her Interactive makes no representations whatsoever regarding such other sites. You should review the privacy policies of other sites carefully before providing any information to such sites. Her Interactive is not responsible for the privacy policies or procedures or the content of any other site.
Her Interactive has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information under Her Interactive’s control. The database server which houses the message board information is behind a firewall and inaccessible from the Internet. The firewalls disallow anyone without proper authentication from contacting the server in any way other than HTTP. The password scheme for the message board uses a method of encryption that has been proven to be a highly secure encryption method. However, no security measures are perfect, and we cannot assure you that Personal Information that we collect will never be accessed or used in an unauthorized way.
Her Interactive does not disclose the identities of visitors or users of the site unless legally required to do so. We will respond to any subpoena received from a government agency (i.e., the Securities and Exchange Commission or law enforcement agencies) without prior notice to you. Unless prohibited by law or by a valid court order, we will notify you of any subpoena received from any other party (i.e., for civil litigation) which requires us to disclose your identity, and will wait ten (10) days, or a lesser amount of time as required by the deadline in the subpoena, before providing the information requested by the subpoena.
Change of Control
We may transfer information in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of our business units or our relevant assets are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or a business reorganization.
If you want your name removed from Her Interactive’s database or to change or modify any of your information collected by Her Interactive, you may do so by:
- Choosing to “opt-out” prior to submitting any information;
- Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to the following address:
PO Box 1092, Renton, WA 98057
In addition, if you are registered with the Site, you may access, review, and/or correct your Personal Information, or request that we remove your information from Her Interactive’s database by sending your request to the second or third contact option set forth above. Please include your screen name and/or the email address you used when you registered, so that Her Interactive can verify your request. You may also have certain additional rights:
- If you are a user in the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, you have certain rights under the respective European and UK General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). Please visit our European and US State Privacy Rights page, which provides this additional privacy information and explains those additional rights.
- Some US states, such as California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia, require us to inform their residents about additional privacy information and rights. Please visit our European and US State Privacy Rights page, which provides this additional privacy information an explains those additional rights.
- If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, CCPA or other applicable data protection or privacy laws, please contact us at the address provided below, specify your request, and reference the applicable law. We may ask you to verify your identity or ask for more information about your request. We will consider an act upon any above request in accordance with applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
Conditions of Use
View the Rules at Messageboard Rules
Contacting the Site
Her Interactive Inc. c/o Privacy
PO Box 1092, Renton, WA 98057