Today’s Throwback Thursday reminds us of one of my favorite moments, building sandcastles in Danger on Deception Island. I actually just beat DDI for the umpteenth time last night, how fitting! Was anyone like me and wasted so much time just building these giant sandcastles instead of actually solving the mystery? Did you guys know that pressing certain keys actually takes a snap shot of your castle and saves it on your computer for you? I cannot remember what you press though. Does anyone know? If you haven’t played this one, we are having a one-day sale on the digital downloads for 50% off using the promo code DDI-50 at checkout. Shop Here!
After I beat DDI I started playing Warnings at Waverly Academy last night. I found that lots of the books in the library, in the computer, and even some just laying around the school have some really interesting names. Here were my favorite:
- “Purple Hearted Queen” by Beatrice Hotchkiss
- “Prudent Living: A Memoir” by Prudence Rutherford
- “A Visitors Guide to Beech Hill Museum” by Beech Hill Museum
- “Paseo Del Mar School Codes & Regulations” by Paseo Del Mar Schools
- “Grenny by the Water Fairy” by John Penvellyn
- “Finding Fish” by Bill Kessler
Now there are tons of other interesting books lying around that referenced other games or characters. Have any of you guys found similar books in this or another Nancy Drew computer game?