New Her Interactive Web Site!
Surprise! We have totally updated our web site! To hear from our CEO about it, visit the News page.
A few things I would like to draw your attention to about this new site:
- This blog was moved from the old Blogger site.
- Now that this blog is hosted directly into our new site, please be aware of the web site url change
- Also: Since this is on the same site as the message boards, it no longer counts as an “outside link” therefore you may share any of these blog posts via web link in the Message Boards! Whoo-hoo!
- You can now write Customer Reviews for each game, directly onto each game page! (Don’t be alarmed if it won’t show up right away…we have to moderate it first to be sure it isn’t spam or anything awful.) XD
- There is a new page called “Fan Spotlight“! Every once in a while, we will post fan pictures and fan art sent in to us or that was posted to Facebook or Twitter. We have many great art pieces already from you, but please keep sharing! You may have 5 minutes of fame ahead of you!
- There is a new page called “Meet the Team” which highlights all of our team members! You may have recognized some from past blog interview videos.
Anyways, go ahead and poke around, get a feel for the new layout and design. It is certainly brighter and newer, so I understand if some fans have trouble adjusting to the change. The last time we re-did our site must have been in 2008 when we switched from teal to the pink design…
Ooo, on a side note, I added a few Nancy Drew avatars to the message board. With each rank level, you unlock another picture of Nancy Drew. There. That will give you something to earn, because I like creating a challenge. 😉 At the lowest level of zero posts, everyone gets to use the Secret of the Old Clock 1966 book cover art of Nancy, and the line art of ND’s old silhouette, found in the old blue book covers. Classic!
Nice website design. It will take a few weeks to get used to it. I like the way it shows the “behind the scenes” in creating Nancy Drew. I have been playing Nancy Drew since the year when The Haunted Carousel came out. My favorite Nancy Drew game is probably “The Phantom of Venice” it was interesting to learn the different language and the culture and details that goes into making these games. The details are acute and minute. I cannot wait for “The Shattered Medallion” coming out in May. The trailer looks very mysterious. Anyway, Are you guys accepting ideas for future game locations. I know that Nancy Drew locations have literally gone all over the world. But how about in Maryland or Alaska. Or Chili. Anyway, I’ll get off now. Keep up the good mysteries. And. Thanks to Little Jackalope for throwing hints and “secrets” here and there. May 20th. God bless.
Hi Little Jackalope! I first want to say that I LOVE the new design! 😀 Second, I think that the new customer reviews (I already wrote one for my favorite game, DDI!), Fan Spotlight, and meet the team are awesome! (I particularly thought Calina Joyce’s was very interesting! 😉 ) I recently made this video for fun. It’s a compilation of many scenes from all the games! I already emailed the feedback email, but I thought I’d tell you about it here too. Are videos allowed in the fan spotlight section? It would be awesome if that somehow ended up there!
Thanks so much for the awesome work all of you guys do!
Me again. I just realized I forgot to add the link to my video just now. *Blush* http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJGPjHdxSKg
I love the new blog design! I’m happy you converted to a Word Press document instead of Blogger, you will have so much more options to choose from. Can’t wait to see what new things will be coming!
Hey, LJ! Thanks for the update! I noticed that the Avatar Challenge avatars are gone now… which makes me very sad because they are some of my favorites. Are they going to be updated, or are they gone for good?
By the way, I do love the new avatars, and I love the rank avatars idea!
Thank ye kindly for keeping us posted! 😀
I don’t have any problems with the new site, but the old blog was much better. I really dislike having to click on the “read more” links. I prefer the whole post on one page, with images, etc. Also, it’s very sparse. I generally prefer to keep my opinions to myself if I don’t have anything nice to say, but I feel your deserve some honest feedback. I may get used to it, but it’s lost a lot of flavor. It’s bright, new, and bland.
Love the new site! I’ll definitely have to get used to it, but it looks so much cleaner and brighter (like you said). Thanks for updating it!
I’ve got a few questions/comments about some things!
1) I really like the new board! (: It looks great!! 😀
2) What is a poagle? It is in SCK2 on the menu and was recently mentioned on the boards, but no one can figure out what it is!! Is it some made-up food, or does it hold some kind of secret meaning? What is it?!
3) I would just like to point out to you that the link for the Amateur Sleuth blog under “Community” doesn’t work. :\
4) Why is email now required? What is it for? It’s got me confused… :O
I like the blog. Like others said, it’ll take some getting used to. And, as previously mentioned, it’s kind of bland and… white. lol.
Maybe you could add some sort of wallpaper like you used to have on the old blog?
Oh, by the way, I love the Meet the Team page!!
Dear LJ, I was looking through the games page and noticed that Stay Tuned For Danger is no longer available. This was one of my favorites so I was just wondering if you guys are planning on creating a remastered version like you did for Secrets Can Kill?? If so that would definitely be amazing!!! 😀
Sadly, we do not have the remaster version in our current plans. 🙁
I like that your blog is hosted directly into Her Interactive site! 🙂
And I like new design. But… Frankly speaking, “Read more” links on every post are annoying. Very annoying. Very.
Anyway, good luck! 🙂
cool but are their still the free mini games?
Sorry to be negative, but I do not like the new design at all. It is so blank and bare and the glare from the all white screen is awful. Sadly won’t visit very often now.