Hey Nancy Drew clue crew!
Hopefully everyone had a great weekend celebrating all things Nancy Drew! I saw some fans baked beautiful cakes, played the games, or even went and visited the Nancy Drew and Mildred Benson exhibit at the Toledo Library. That is one item on my personal bucket list!
This weekend was pretty quiet for myself. I didn’t do much other than baked a strawberry shortcake Secret of Shadow Ranch-style, designed a few more puzzles for fans to solve in mere minutes, recovered from being absolutely unwell at the Radek reveal, and last but certainly not least – turned in my VERY LAST assignment for grad school!!! Wahooo
But seriously, I am unwell. Radek is giving Dave a run for his money!
I cannot wait for everyone to get to know his equally charismatic personality. Keep following along as some of those puzzles I worked on over the weekend just might reveal some more secrets soon.
Radek cosplays by @thenancydrewtimes and @southernsleuth
Now, can we get a little commotion for the cake?
Happy 93rd Birthday, Nancy Drew! Recipe below 🙂
I know a few of you were asking Squid for more pictures and the recipe last week since some of super sleuths are just too sleuthy and noticed in the voice puzzle.
This recipe is extremely easy!
- Take any French vanilla cake mix (I prefer the box that rhymes with shuncan shimes).
- Instead of following the box directions, I empty the box into a bowl and add 3 large eggs, 1 1/4 cups water, and 1/2 cup softened butter.
- Pour into two round 8-inch cake pans and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- For the whipped cream frosting, whip 2 cups whipping cream, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Beat until the whipped cream is forming stiff peaks or mountains.
- Pro tip: whip until you think you’re done- then whip another 2 minutes!
- To dye for the flower, I just took a little frosting aside and colored it with gel food dye.
- The cake lasts best stored in the fridge.
Let me know if you try the recipe! And comment below what you did to celebrate Nancy’s 93rd birthday!