Wandering Hallways

I was recently re-playing a classic Nancy Drew game: Treasure in the Royal Tower. It has often come up as a fan favorite, so I thought to revisit Wickford Castle. The castle is pretty huge! I remember the first time I played the game, and I remember getting lost wandering the hallways. So many hallways! Now, I am a pro. I know every hallway and have Nancy’s sayings memorized at each one. My particular favorite line is the one down in the basement where she says “Hello there dead-end, my name’s Nancy Drew.”

TRT_HallsBasement

What is it about this game that makes it a fan favorite? In my opinion, it is the fun times I have exploring the castle, snooping in the rooms I am not allowed in, and trying to discover the secret passage to the Queen’s tower. What is your favorite element to the game? What makes this game so special to you?

We have some fan birthdays to celebrate today!

Birthday_Jake Birthday_Kathy

9 responses to “Wandering Hallways”

1. Karesha2 says:

Dead end in the hall!

2. Katie says:

This isn’t my favorite game, but I really like Prof Hotchkiss. She makes the game quite memorable!

3. Anne says:

This was my first ND game ever! It took my dad, brother, and I days to win it, mostly because of the dead ends and the super-awesome but confusing elevator passage. 🙂 My brother finally got to where he could win it in a day, but I’d rather take my time and enjoy the memories and characters- everyone knows you can’t beat the Prof!!!! 🙂

4. SpyGirl says:

TRT will always be special for me because it was the first Nancy Drew game I played!
    I was always getting lost too, but now I know right where I’m going. Ive even memorized the combination to the library alarm, I’ve replayed it so much. 🙂

5. Angela says:

It’s a great place and all. Castle’s are always something great.

6. Connie says:

It was my very first Nancy Drew game

7. Courtney says:

What makes this game so great are the memorable characters, the mystery itself of finding Marie Antoinette’s diary and jewels, along with how you get to sneak into the library by going up the elevator shaft and finding all of the hidden places in the castle 🙂 those elements of the game just made it really fun, entertaining, and memorable 🙂

8. Courtney says:

Also the pacing of the game overall was very well done 🙂

9. Allie-oop says:

This, I think, was the third or fourth game I got. One of my favorite things about TORT is that it’s all about Marie Antoinette. I concur with the Prof that she was misunderstood. Almost everything about Marie Antoinette is a mystery, and this merely touches the tip of the iceberg. Whoops, no pun intended for SOD.