On a previous Twitch party I mentioned a few desserts. I promised everyone that I would share “CJ’s Peanut Butter Fudge” recipe with you. It’s not my own creation, that’s why it’s named.
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 8 ounces unsalted butter,
- More butter or spray for greasing the pan
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (make sure it’s a non-stir because you need the palm oil or whatever is in it to bind the butter and oil together)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (try to use pure vanilla, not imitation)
- 1 pound powdered sugar (about one full average size bag)
- 4-quart microwave-safe mixing bowl, medium-large
- Sturdy mixing spatula or spoon (I prefer wooden spoon since it gets tough)
- Plastic wrap or paper towels for covering
- 8″ by 8″ pan (can be glass, plastic, metal, etc. but will go into the fridge)
- Simple fudge-cutting knife (butter knives are fine, but sharp knives are better)
- BONUS: Parchment paper
- Combine butter and peanut butter in the 4-qt mixing bowl, and cover with plastic wrap or paper towel.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high
- Stir the contents, then cover again. Microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Be careful taking out the bowl. The contents will be HOT.
- Add vanilla extract and the powered sugar to the peanut butter mixture and mix with the sturdy spoon. Do this quickly, since it gets hard to mix once it cools down!
- Optional: use parchment paper to line the 8×8 pan
- Poor the mixture into the 8×8″ pan and spread evenly into all corners
- Cover the pan with more parchment or plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours.
- Take out the fudge and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Enjoy! Here’s the last Twitch party episode:
Today we started to chime in on “Tuesday Thoughts,” a trend on Twitter. Here’s our first one: