We have randomly selected a winner from all of the correct entries for the Weekend Puzzle #172! Our winner is Rose P.! Congrats! (Rose, please check your email for your prize information).
This puzzle was a bit easy if you had played Danger on Deception Island, or if you knew to look up the Maritime Flags chart to translate. Here’s the solution:
Note: The Pumpkin Carving Contest ends tonight! Send in your emailed pictures before time runs out!
Ok, I promised a few secrets about the production of Amateur Sleuth Blog: Halloween Snooping video we uploaded last week, along with noting a few Nancy Drew references.
1. Jayme, an artist turned on and off the light upstairs at the beginning of the video. ND Reference: Message in a Haunted Mansion intro.
2. “It’s locked!” quote said at the glass door entrance.
3. Thunder sound effect added (the rain was real) from several games.
4. Entering from the side of the building. ND Reference: Stay Tuned for Danger.
5. Using a key card you found at a door, ND Reference: The Deadly Device (and others).
6. A real spider (no, I did not put him there, he arrived right on time for his scene and performed perfectly for me…*cough*. Actually he scared me on the stairs, and I ran to grab my camera before he scurried off) ND References: Stay Tuned for Danger and Legend of the Crystal Skull.
7. Yurei ghost girl shadow behind the wall, ND Reference: Shadow at the Water’s Edge.
8. Door rattles and the sleuth hides in the closet, ND References: The Final Scene, The Phantom of Venice.
9. Nik, our writer, agreed to film the door rattling and leaving scene. He was really on his way out of the office for the night, too.
10. Jayme, an artist, had to hold the door open a little longer (you can’t see her) for me to run and grab before it closed. She helped slow it down and stop it.
11. If you look really closely between 2:36 and 2:37, there is movement in the top right corner of the screen. Down the hall, one of the artists (Josh, who plays Niko) was still around.
There are more fun facts and references to come! I’ll be sure to post a few more this week. 😉