This post gives instructions on how to install an older game disc onto Windows 8. To install an older game on Windows Vista or Windows 7 click here. If the disc has trouble reading and installing, click here.
Please use the following instructions when trying to install on Windows 8.
Make sure you’re logged in as an administrator to your computer, then manually install by taking the following steps:
1. Insert the game disc into your disc drive. Close any auto-play windows that pop-up.
2. Click on the Desktop tile from your start menu.
3. Click on the folders icon at the bottom left-hand side of your screen.
4. Go to Documents and create a new folder. Name the folder after the game you’re trying to install.
5. On the left hand side click on “Computer”.
6. Right click on your DVD RW drive and choose “Open”.
7. Look for the Setup file (this file will display as Setup Application, Setup.exe, or Setup Launcher Installshield). Double-click this file to start the installation process.
8. Move through the install process until you reach Choose Destination Location. Click the Browse button or Change button.
9. Navigate to the game folder you created by double-clicking in the Directories box. Select C: drive > Users > User name > Documents > the game folder you created. When you have the correct Path, choose OK.
10. Continue forward with the installation process. When asked if you want to install DirectX, check “No, I will install myself.”
11. Upon completion, click finish and exit setup.
You may also need to:
1. Right-click the game icon that is now on your desktop, select ‘Properties’.
2. Under ‘Properties’, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
3. Check the ‘Run in Compatibility Mode’ box and then select ‘Windows 98/Me’ from the drop-down menu.
Was this solution helpful? Did it solve your issue? If not, please contact our Technical Support team at email@example.com.