Install does not start when I put the disc in the drive!

If inserting the game Disc/Disc 1 into the disc drive does not start installation, the Autoplay option may be turned off, or the disc drive is having trouble reading the disc.

If you are trying to install games #24 and higher, check whether your computer has a DVD drive.

If installation does not start on its own after inserting the Disc/Disc 1 in the drive, install the game manually:

1) Insert the Disc in your disc drive.

2) Go to your Start Menu > Computer (or My Computer in Windows XP).

3) Find the CD or DVD drive that contains the disc. Double-click to Open. A new window will display the contents of the game disc.

4) Find the Setup file (this file will display as Setup Application, Setup.exe, or Setup Launcher InstallShield). Double-click this Setup file to start installation.

5) If install still does not start and you have more than one disc drive on your computer, try using the other disc drive to install the game.

Was this solution helpful?  Did it solve your issue?  If not, please contact our Technical Support team at techsupport@herinteractive.com.

ContactUs_LowerBar

44 responses to “Install does not start when I put the disc in the drive!”

1. Jennifer Cape says:

I am trying to install the 2nd disc of the Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and it will not load. It keeps asking for a path.

2. Amy R. says:

When I load the disc 1 for Trailer of the Twister, Windows Installer starts, but always stalls. Eventually it says “Not Responding”. I have my firewall and virus protection turned off, I have Windows 7 on my computer, and I’ve even adjusted the compatibility mode to Windows XP just in case that helped. But it still stalls. I think I’ve played this same game on this very computer in the past, so I don’t get it. Why won’t it load this time? Other game discs load and install just fine. I only have one disc drive on my computer, by the way.

3. Amy says:

Having problems installing Legend of the Crystal Skull on a windows 7 computer. I have used it on a laptop with windows 7 and it installed fine. However, on the desktop the run screen pops up and when I click on it nothing happens.

4. Maryssa says:

I try to download Secret of the Old Clock and it doesn’t work. It says “Unable to open CAL or CIF TREE file. Check the path in your .ini file”

5. M says:

Trying to install White Wolf of Icicle Creek, and it keeps telling me that there is a feature error. Any suggestions? It worked a few months ago on a different computer, and I even followed your steps for a newer computer.

6. Ermanerm says:

My computer is not reading “danger on deception island” at all. My laptop is a Toshiba with windows 8. I played “the final scene” recently, it wouldn’t install automatically when I put it in the DVD drive, so I followed the instructions on how to manually install it. The situation I’m having now is nothing like that. Please help!!

7. Emily says:

My automatic installer wont open when I put “Warnings at Waverly Academy” in the drive. But I am using a MAC…

8. Kimberly says:

I have the 2 pack Nancy Drew Alibi in Ashes and The Deadly Device I put the disc in and nothing I looked on my computer and it says I have a dvd and cd rom but it will not read it Please help

9. Forrest says:

I’ve installed the game twice now and it keeps saying
    Unable to get property focus of undefined or null reference as an error. I have no idea what that means

Help pls

10. maverick says:

hey im trying to install assassins creed syndicate but the disk only installs uplay and not the game…after uplay installs it starts downloading the game..pls help

11. faith says:

Have the 2 pack disk with deadly device and alibi in ashes. It promos me to install and I have tried to install both games…either one will start installing and the loading bar gets about 80% of the way there and then nothing..I can hear/feel the disk spinning and the computer isn’t frozen. Tried canceling, restart computer, and try again. Disk is brand new nothing wrong with it. Help

• faith says:

Waited 30 minutes on this last try and it still isn’t doing anything

Hi Faith, please contact us about this at techsupport@herinteractive.com so we can help you further. Thanks!

• B says:

What did they tell you to do, Faith? Mine is doing the same thing.

• L says:

For anyone wondering about this same question, I emailed support and their response was the following: “Legacy Games is the producer of the two-pack with The Deadly Device & Alibi in Ashes. Legacy has indicated that installation is slow and has asked that we have customers wait about 30 minutes or so, after it seems like the game has stopped installing, and the installation should complete. Optionally, you may copy the setup folders for each game to your desktop and install from there to minimize this lag time.”

12. Marla says:

Hi! I bought Message in a Haunted Mansion maybe 3 years ago at Target and its a newer looking cd. I know this is an older game, but my laptop wont recognize the cd when I put it in.

Thank you.

13. The Clue Less Idiot says:

This really helped when I was trying to install Spore

14. Abby says:

Im trying to play danger by design but after I downloaded it said that I have to insert disk 1 and I did but it won’t let me play it. I tried doing what you said but it doesn’t work 🙁

15. Beth says:

I’ve been replaying all my ND games recently on my new Windows 10 64-bit MSI Apache Pro laptop and have been able to play them all successfully (except Stay Tuned for Danger) up through Warnings at Waverly Academy, with only a few hiccups. Early on I began making a folder for each game before installing and that solved most of my initial problems. Now I’m trying to install Trail of the Twister and it says, “E:\autorun2.exe The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.” I’ve played this same game previously on another laptop and it worked fine then. I clicked on the Compatibility Troubleshooter and got this message: “The specified path does not contain a valid program. Please select a valid program (ending with .exe or .msi).” I did some maintenance on my computer yesterday and wondered if maybe my DVD drive wasn’t working properly, so I tried installing the next game in the series, Shadow at the Water’s Edge. It installed with no problems. I sent a message to Tech Support on the 2nd of August & also posted on the Tech Support forum, but haven’t had any response to either, so I’m trying again here. Hopefully, you can help me.

16. davido says:

when i inserted the disc it display content but it put crack on it instead of proceed to install

17. Bishnu Raj K.C. says:

Finding difficulties in installing not all but some CDs which requires mannual effort. I hope this tweak/guidelines be helpful. I will apply tjis tech tomorrow morning in my PC.
    Thoughts from Nepal.

18. Mickey says:

I recently bought a five pack of used Nancy Drew games and when I try to install them it doesn’t work. My computer always tells me to insert the disk. I can play it with the disk in, but I would like to install them so I can play them without the disk.

19. Roderick says:

I bought hp laptop with GTA 5 it came with 7disc it will start the download process up till disc 5 and then it gives a error

20. qeti says:

there isnt setup button in there what should i do?