If an older game did not install automatically on your Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, use the instructions on this page to install your game manually.
This page gives instructions for installing older games on Windows Vista/Windows 7 from a game disc. Click here for help installing older games on Windows Vista/7 from a digital download.
If you had previously installed, uninstall the game. Then delete all remaining game files and folders from your computer. To search for game files, go to Start > Start Search/Search Bar > and type in the name of the game. Delete any results, and empty your Recycle Bin.
Once this is done, make sure you’re logged on as an Administrator for your computer, disable your anti-virus protection, and manually install by taking the following steps:
1. Go to your Documents folder and create a new folder. Rename the folder with the title of the game.
2. Insert game Disc 1 in your disc drive. Go to Start Menu > Computer.
3. Right-click your CD-Rom/DVD drive and choose Open.
4. Look for the Setup file (this file will display as Setup Application, Setup.exe, or Setup Launcher Installshield.) Double-click this file to start the installation process.
5. Move through the Nancy Drew game installer until you reach the screen called Choose Destination Location. Click the Browse button or Change button.
6. Navigate to the game folder you created by double-clicking in the Directories box. Select C: drive > Users > User name > Documents > Game Folder you created. When you have the correct Path, choose OK.
7. Continue forward with the installation process. When asked if you want to install DirectX, check “No, I will install myself.”
8. Upon completion, click finish and exit setup.
For game titles #1-5, you may need to follow these three additional steps:
1. Right-click the game icon that is now on your desktop, select ‘Properties’.
2. Under ‘Properties’, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
3. Check the ‘Run in Compatibility Mode’ box and then select ‘Windows 98/Me’ from the drop-down menu.
Was this solution helpful? Did it solve your issue? If not, please contact our Technical Support team at email@example.com.