Download is too Slow, Interrupted, or Received 5001 Error

Digital Downloads for our games do not use a download manager. This means that it is important to allow the game file to completely download through your browser. Depending on which game you are downloading, even with a high-speed connection it can take several hours to download a 800 MB – 3 GB file.

Make sure to follow the Download Instructions to start your download correctly.

If your download is too slow, cuts out or drops before the file is completely downloaded, or if you receive Windows Error Code -5001 : 0x80070002, take these steps:

• Disable your browser’s pop-up blocker
• Enable your browser to accept 3rd party cookies
• Use Internet Explorer on PC, and Safari on Mac
• Click the Begin Download button only once, then wait for download prompt to appear. Do not double-click.
• Each time the Begin Download button is clicked counts as a download attempt
• If a prompt appears giving the option to Save or Run, always choose Save

*Image shown using Internet Explorer. User experience may differ.

• Wait for the download to complete 100% before trying to install
• Download only one game at a time
• Browsing the internet or streaming content while downloading a game will significantly increase download times. Try to limit other online activity while downloading
• If you are on a wireless (wifi) connection, either switch to wired internet, or get as close to the wireless router as possible to avoid a lost signal

Was this solution helpful?  Did it solve your issue?  If not, please contact our Technical Support team at techsupport@herinteractive.com.

ContactUs_LowerBar

20 responses to “Download is too Slow, Interrupted, or Received 5001 Error”

1. Kristi P says:

Can I download a game on a jumpdrive, to then be put on my computer, or does it have to be downloaded direcly to a computer?

Thanks.

2. Stephanie says:

I’ve tried downloading it to my macbook a couple times and it keeps coming up with an error message.

3. ben berlin says:

i started downloading three games and my computer shut off and now the game are gone

4. John Eggleston says:

Hi Her!
    I just bought Danger on Deception Island and whenever I press the “Run” button it comes up with this error. I don’t have Internet explorer, only Firefox. What do I do? I did the other things it told me but it proved ineffective. Thanks for the help! 😀

5. Sofia S. says:

What do you do after the installer is downloaded?

6. Amanda says:

No link in order history to download, nor does my order number work when I try and search. Already contacted techsupport twice with no reply for days and called customer service.

7. Tammy says:

Sea of Darkness download error says DMZ function needs enabled on my router???

8. Lily says:

I downloaded 3 games i tried to download one again and it says it has too many download attempts. i have windows 9

9. Hi! My name is Charlotte Berry. My older sister used to play these games and buy them the second they came out and I would always enjoy watching her play them or play them myself. As she has moved to college, she left me with the possession of them. It has come to my attention that some of the older games are missing their installation codes. Is there any way I could get a *new* installation code for these sets of games? The game list is a bit long and I understand if you cannot give me all of them.

Warnings at Waverly Academy

Legend of the Crystal Skull

Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon

The White Wolf of Icicle Creek

Danger on Deception Island

Secrets Can Kill (Remastered Version)

The Haunted Carousel

Ransom of the Seven Ships

The Captive Curse

The Creature of Kapu Cave

Danger by Design

The Phantom of Venice

Message in a Haunted Mansion

The Hauntings of Castle Malloy

Thank you so much for making these games a reality!! I’ve enjoyed these so much through out the years!

*I purchased these games through the Herinteractive website

*They are all physical disks

*I play these on a Mac PC

*I did not have the error message come up. My problem was not having the activation/installation codes

Hello Charlotte, not all the games were made Mac compatible and therefore do not include installation codes. However, there is a work around to get the PC only games to run on a Mac, using a program like wineskin or bootcamp. Would you please email us at techsupport@herinteractive.com and let us know what type of computer you have and the operating system so we can help you out further? Thanks!