This post gives instructions on how to install an older game disc onto Windows 10.
Please use the following instructions when trying to install on Windows 10
Make sure you’re logged on as an Administrator for your computer, temporarily disable your anti-virus protection (make sure to re-enable your anti-virus protection after the game download is complete), and manually install by taking the following steps:
- Go to your Documents folder and create a new folder. Name the folder with the title of the game.
- If installing from disc, insert game Disc 1 in your disc drive. Go to Start Menu > Computer Noteif installing from digital download skip steps 2 and 3.
- Right-click your CD-Rom/DVD drive and choose Open.
- Look for the Setup file (this file will display as Setup Application, Setup.exe, or Setup Launcher Installshield). Double-click this file to start the installation process.
- Move through the install process until you reach Choose Destination Location. Click the Browse button or Change button.
- Navigate to the game folder you created by double-clicking in the Directories box. Select C: drive > Users > User name > Documents > the game folder you created. When you have the correct Path,
- Continue forward with the installation process. When asked if you want to install DirectX, check “No, I will install myself.”
- Upon completion, click finish and exit setup.
You may also need to (specifically for games 3-5):
- Right-click the game icon that is now on your desktop, select ‘Properties’.
- Under ‘Properties’, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
- Check the ‘Run in Compatibility Mode’ box and then select ‘Windows 98/Me’ from the drop-down menu.