Installation Instructions – Mac

How to install Nancy Drew Games on Mac.

1) Insert disc in drive, or open .DMG file from your digital download.

2) Installer will open. Click Installer icon or text to start installation, then click Continue from Introduction.

3) Agree to License Agreement.

4) Enter Registration Code (click here for help finding and entering your code). Click Continue.

5) Leave Destination Folder as default, or manually change Destination Folder. Click Continue.

6) Click Install.

7) Click Close after installation is complete.

ContactUs_LowerBar

Posted in: FAQs, Installation, Mac

44 responses to “Installation Instructions – Mac”

1. Jackson Martin says:

Recent Macs have no Disc Drive. Apple allows you to install games by inserting your the disc into another computer and the Mac downloads the files. Will this work with Nancy Drew?

2. kate says:

I’ve tried to install, but the installation doesn’t seem to complete. whats wrong and what should i do? also its on a mac

3. Daniel Polis says:

Hello I am currently trying to install the disc for tomb of the lost queen and every time I put the disc in it just spits it out and won’t start the download. Is there any way i can download it online then insert my mac code

4. Maria J says:

If I buy a older Nancy Drew game at the store will it work on my Mac? Or if I got an old Nancy Drew game as a download would it work on the Mac?

5. Sheila says:

I am getting this error message:

“Nancy Drew – The Captive Curse Installer” can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed.

6. Jessica says:

I’m trying to install The Silent Spy onto my macbook. When I enter the installation code, nothing happens. The program won’t allow me to click continue. I’m connected to the internet so I’m not sure what the issue is. Any help would be welcome!

7. Kelsey says:

I bought some of the electronic downloads last year. i recently got a macbook but the games are for windows. is there a way i can still play them or do i have to buy them all over again?

Hi Kelsey! Yes, the digital games are specific to Pc or Mac, so your current digital downloads for the PC will not run on the Mac. :( If you have any more detailed questions, feel free to email us directly at techsupport@herinteractive.com! Thanks!

8. Andrea says:

My mom has a windows pc and I have a Macbook air (no disk insert) how can we buy the game once and both benefit from it?

9. Danielle says:

i purchased the game and i am trying to download on to my mac laptop
    i keep getting a message that says “it id not supported on this type of mac”
    i was able to play the last game on this mac book pro

10. LEXI says:

I purchased the labyrinth of lies and I am trying to play the game. It downloads but when I try to play it it “quits unexpectedly”

11. T says:

Despite having required specs for Nancy Drew Sea of Darkness, the game quits unexpectedly without loading. My daughter has contacted tech support without useful assistance. This is apparently a common problem for Mac users and Apple says it’s a Herinteractive problem. If this can not be corrected by her interactive, may I please request my money back? Thank you very much.

12. Emma says:

Hi,

I’ve owned three Nancy Drew games for years now and recently I got a new laptop after my old one died. My new laptop doesn’t have a disc drive so I can’t insert my three CD’s into my computer and install them. For other games not made by HER Interactive I’ve been able to download a manager from their website, considering I already own the games, and just enter my code. From then on I’ve been able to play the game without the disc. I was wondering if there’s anything like that for my Nancy Drew games or if there’s another way I could possibly install my games without having to install the discs.

Thanks

13. Natalia says:

I accidentally bought a nancy drew game for windows instead of MAC, si there any way I can change the format?

14. Susannah says:

When I try to install ‘Tomb of the Lost Queen’ on my Mac, it says: You can’t open the application “Nancy Drew-Tomb of the Lost Queen Installer” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported. But I thought that all games with PC/MAC on the front cover work on Macs. What do I do?

15. Gloria says:

the “copying files” of the installation process has stopped on 4991 out of 5743. it was going so fast and then it stopped. are pauses in this part of installation normal?

16. Rikki says:

Hi there! I’ve been playing Nancy Drew games since Stay Tuned for Danger came out, and I’ve since then collected all of the games! But I recently changed from PC to Mac, so I can’t play them anymore. I know that games older than 23 are not compatible with Mac, but I’m wondering if there’s any way to transfer or trade the PC version for the Mac version. It would be such a bummer if I couldn’t play these games again (especially since I haven’t found all those gosh darn Easter eggs yet!).
    Thanks for your help!

Hi Rikki! Unless you have a Mac that is dual-PC/Mac, the older games will not work on your Mac. Sorry! Unfortunately the older titles were never made compatible for Mac. :(

17. Chelsea says:

Got Labyrinth of Lies for Christmas…have a 2015 MacBook Air 11 Inch have no problem installing the game but when I try to run the game it says it “unexpectedbly quit” and even when I click reopen it does not work. Very disappointed.

18. Emily says:

I got Sea of Darkness for Christmas, and am just now trying to install it on my MacBook Pro. I have played many games on my Mac before, and currently have LOL installed on it. When I inserted the disk to install SOD, it made a funny noise for a few minutes and then quit – the installation window didn’t pop up. I dug a little deeper into my Mac and found the disk in my computer area. It told me that the disk needs to be repaired, but it wouldn’t let me repair it. I’m update the software on my computer now to see if that has anything to do with it. It also did this with my Shadow at the Water’s Edge PC/Mac disk that has also never been installed on my Mac. What could be going on? Thanks!

19. gabe says:

installed sea of darkness and no activation code received , very disappointed. now i have to wait till i get a code from you to be able to play. this shouldn’t happen