You can “gift” an app through iTunes by following these instructions:
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Navigate to the App Store if you aren’t there already.
- Search for the app you’d like to gift and click on it.
- Click on the arrow dropdown next to the button you’d like to download or purchase the app.
- Click on gift this app.
- Fill out the information required and click Next.
- Select the theme you’d like the gift card to be and click Next.
- Make sure everything looks right and click Buy Gift.
- Enter your iTunes password when prompted to finish the transaction.
You can “gift” an app through Google Play Store by following these instructions:
- Launch a web browser on your PC or Mac and go to google.com/store/gift.
- Select a gift option.
- If prompted, sign in to your Google account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your gift recipient’s name, email address, and a message.
- Review your order. If needed, you can update your payment method.
- Select Buy. An email with a gift code will be sent to the recipient immediately.
Note: If your recipient deleted or can’t find the email with the gift code, you can resend the email. A copy of the gift email is sent to the email account you used to make the purchase with, and you can forward the email to the recipient.