If the paddle for the Barnacle Blaster game in The Haunted Carousel lags or moves erratically, it means that the current video card driver installed on the machine does not correctly support DirectX 9.0.
Her Interactive does not offer a patch for this specific problem. Updating your video card driver, or using a video card that supports DirectX 9.0, should correct the Barnacle Blaster problem. To determine your video card model and manufacturer, please follow the instructions below to run the DxDiag file:
1) Go to your Start Menu.
2) Go to Run (or Search in Windows Vista or Windows 7).
3) In the Run or Search Bar, type “dxdiag” (without quotation marks). In Vista/Windows 7, click on the Dxdiag program icon that appears.
4) This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It will take a few moments to complete – you can watch the green progress bar in the left-hand corner. (You may be asked a question about WHQL Certification. Click No or Cancel for this option.)
5) Once the Tool has finished, the progress bar will disappear. Click on the Save All Information button. This will bring up a Save window. Click Save.
6) You have saved a new text file called Dxdiag to your Desktop.
Open the Dxdiag file and check the following information:
Using this information, go to the website of the video card manufacturer to search for driver updates for your video card. Download and install the updates.
***Download drivers from your manufacturer’s official website. Do not uninstall your current drivers – simply install the new driver over your current one.***
If the graphics problem continues afterupdating your video driver, or you would like assistance in locating drivers for your video card, please email Technical Support with a brief description of the problem and attach your DxDiag.txt file for further assistance.