Patch – Danger on Deception Island: Clams Missing and CSound Error

Two separate patches are available on this page, one for each of the following items:

1. Game crashes when speaking to Casey about the wood samples and gives error message:
CSound::Load Digi Sound()-channel 13 error, file E:CD SoundNCP06na.his,CDirect Sound()-Could not open file, most recent HRESULT Direct Sound func Return=DS_OK

2. Unable to find all the clams in the clamming activity.

Please download and install the appropriate patch following the directions below.

1. If you are receiving the sound error, please click on the attached file ddi-wood.exe and select ‘Run from this Location’ or ‘Open’ to update your game to fix the sound file errors.

2. Some users are unable to find all the clams in the clamming activity. Before downloading the patch, please note that:
Four (4) clams are found below the lighthouse.
Eleven (11) clams are found at Sand Castle Beach.

After looking for clams in these locations again if you are unable to locate all the clams, download one of the patches and follow the instructions below: DDI_Clamming.zip (recommended download, zipped file).

Instructions for clamming patch:
– Save the patch to any location on your PC.
– Double-click the patch or select ‘Open’ or ‘Save As’.
– When the patch installer finishes, start your game and go to Whale World.
– Go inside the doors and turn to your right.
– Go to the pedestal table with starfish souvenirs.
– Click on the blue and yellow starfish in the center of the screen.

You will now be able to turn your filled clam bucket in to Jenna.

ContactUs_LowerBar

20 responses to “Patch – Danger on Deception Island: Clams Missing and CSound Error”

1. Kevin says:

Hi!
    My name is Kevin, I’ve got a problem.One of the tasks in danger on deception Island is to find 15 clams.I’ve searched near the lighthouse and on the Island, and even though Nancy says that she cannot find any more clams on either place. I still lack 2 clams. I’ve downloaded the patch without any results, and am clueless on what to do now? p.s I don’t if this effects the game in any way but I bought the game on steam.

2. Kevin says:

After some closer inspection I realize that I didn’t updat the game correct file. The problem is that I bought the game on steam so I have no clue what file on my computer I need to update in order for the patch to work?

• Catherine says:

If you have Vista or Windows 7, and you bought the game from Steam, you want to install it in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Nancy Drew Danger on Deception Island\Ciftree

3. Madi says:

I downloaded the zip file and followed the directions. However the cafe is still closed and I still cannot find all of the clams.. I only have 13.

4. Kate B says:

Hi. I have the old physical copy of danger on deception island, and I just recently downloaded it onto my windows 8 laptop. I have read your instructions on how to creat a new document file and install older games. I have already successfully installed other older games without any problems, but this game says ( CSound::LoadDIGISound() – channel 26 error, file D: \ CDSound\…..etc) and then won’t let me get past the introduction of the game before it freezes. What can I do to fix this?? Thanks!

5. Sam says:

i downloaded the patch for the clams however it kept saying that it was an invalid directory and wouldn’t let me complete the update

6. sherry says:

I just downloaded danger on deception Island and found I cannot use the Menu, so I can’t save and quit. I am unable to close my new HP notebook, and had to keep physically turning off the machine. Your help is greatly needed.

7. Janet Cole says:

I downloaded the patch for the clams and received a message that it was an invalid directory.

8. Bethany says:

Hi, I have downloaded the patch for the clams (not sure if I have done it correctly, however) and I have gone back to the 3 locations but still cannot find the last 2 clams to progress in the game.

9. Jana says:

I installed this game and get an error message saying it can’t find the game.ini file. What on earth do I do?

10. Eileen says:

I tried installing the patch but it is showing ‘invalid directory’ so I looked for the game myself instead of letting my pc do it and it told me the update successfully installed but I’m still stuck with 13 clams and can’t d anything else.