It’s time to announce the 2020 Nancy Drew Pumpkin Carving Contest winners!
We had so many incredible entries to choose from but these three pumpkins came out on top. Congratulations, to the creative pumpkin artists who carved them. We also want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who participated this year. Stay tuned for future contests!
1st Place – Will receive one (1) Nancy Drew gamer blanket, one (1) Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem blanket, one (1) mug from our merchandise store on Teespring, one (1) Morning Candle Gift Box (Anthropologie), one (1) promotional code for Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem, and one (1) $200 gift card for Pottery Barn.
2nd Place – Will receive one (1) Nancy Drew gamer blanket, one (1) mug from our merchandise store on Teespring, one (1) Mini Tapered Candle Set (Anthropologie), one (1) promotional code for Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem, and one (1) $25 gift card for Starbucks
3rd Place – Will receive one (1) Nancy Drew gamer blanket, one (1) mug from our merchandise store on Teespring, one (1) promotional code for Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem, and one (1) $25 gift card for Starbucks
2020 Nancy Drew Pumpkin Carving Contest Official Rules
Welcome to the 2020 Nancy Drew Pumpkin Carving Contest! We love seeing your creations around our Nancy Drew games, so we decided this Halloween is a perfect time for a Nancy Drew themed pumpkin carving contest. Please read the following instructions and rules carefully. If you’re still not sure about something, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also agree that your entrance and/or participation in the Contest indicates your agreement to the Rules without modification. If you do not agree to the Rules or any portion of them, please do not enter the Contest.
Finally, by entering and participating in the Contest, you represent, warrant, and agree that you are at least 18 years old and have the legal authority to provide the information and waive and release those Claims described in these Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: HeR Interactive, Inc., P.O. Box 1092, Renton, WA, 98057; email@example.com
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old.
- Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, our prize suppliers or their affiliates, and any of their related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies (including third-party advertising sponsors) involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, are not eligible.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Without limiting the specific legal exclusions, above, this Contest is void where prohibited by law. If the laws where you reside or from which you are entering the Contest prohibit the Contest or your participation in it, please do not enter.
WHEN TO PLAY
The Contest begins on Friday, October 2, 2020, at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Monday, November 2, 2020, at 11:59 PM PT (the “Contest Period.”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
HOW TO PLAY
To participate, submit an image or video of your best Nancy Drew-themed pumpkin(s) via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter as often as you would like but you must use the hashtag #NDPumpkin20.
The winner of the Promotion (the “Winner”) will be selected by HeR Interactive employees. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Promotion. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Additional Entry Rules and Guidelines
- Pumpkin carving must be your creation. Having your friends or parents help you is acceptable.
- You may also paint your pumpkin but it must include some carved elements to qualify.
- Pictures from past contests or sweepstakes that we have sponsored are not eligible for entry into the Contest.
- What and Where to Submit. Please submit your photo or video entry via one of the following methods: (a) post to our Facebook page www.facebook.com/nancydrewpcgames), (b) post to our Twitter account @HeRInteractive; (c) post to our Instagram account www.instagram.com/nancydrewpcgames or (d) email it to us at email@example.com.
Each entry must include:
- A picture or video of your carved pumpkin
- A brief description of how the carved pumpkin is connected to Nancy Drew
- The hashtag: #NDPumpkin20
- Tag the Nancy Drew Games or HeR Interactive account on the social profile you submit through
- Lastly, make sure you’ve liked our Facebook page or are following us on Twitter or Instagram
Please note if you email us your entry, you understand and agree that we may post it to either or any of our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter accounts. Entries that do not contain all the required information will not be considered.
- Unlimited Entries. You may submit as many entries as you want. Go nuts! However, please do not submit the same entry more than once.
- Content of Entries. You may only submit your original photos or videos as entries. You may not include any elements in the photo or video whose rights you do not own or cannot license to us, including any trademarks, drawings, or photos in the background. You may not depict any identifiable person in the photo other than yourself, whether celebrity or not, unless you have all rights and permissions necessary to publicly display that person’s likeness and for us to display the likeness as required by these Rules. Please keep it clean—we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify entries that contain illegal, obscene, offensive, or inappropriate content.
Please note that this Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
HOW TO WIN
- Judging; Criteria for Winning. All entries will be judged in accordance with the following criteria, with equal weight given to each:
- The creativity of the pumpkin carving
- The originality of the pumpkin carving
- Connection of the pumpkin carving to Nancy Drew
- Winner Notification; Disqualification. We will complete our judging and select potential winners on or around November 12, 2020. We will notify potential winners via direct message to their accounts on the platform they used to enter and, if potential winners emailed us their entries, to the email address used to send the entry. Potential winners may also be required to provide us with email or physical addresses to receive prizes and execute affidavits attesting to their eligibility to be confirmed as winners and an additional legally binding release (all such documents, the “Additional Documents”). Additional information must be provided by the date we indicate and Additional Documents must be signed and returned by the date we indicate in the communication with which they are provided or the potential winners will be disqualified. If potential winners cannot be contacted by the applicable social media account information or email address(es), fail to provide required information to receive prizes or fail to sign and return the Additional Documents within the required time period (as applicable) or are otherwise disqualified as permitted in these Rules, the potential winners will forfeit the prizes. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified or forfeits a prize for any reason an alternate winner will be selected by the criteria set forth above. The prize may remain unawarded if Sponsor is required to select more than three alternate winners.
1st Place Will receive one (1) Nancy Drew gamer blanket, one (1) Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem blanket, one (1) mug from our merchandise store on Teespring, one (1) Morning Candle Gift Box (Anthropologie), one (1) promotional code for Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem, and one (1) $200 gift card for Pottery Barn
2nd Place Will receive one (1) Nancy Drew gamer blanket, one (1) mug from our merchandise store on Teespring, one (1) Mini Tapered Candle Set (Anthropologie), one (1) promotional code for Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem, and one (1) $25 gift card for Starbucks
3rd Place Will receive one (1) Nancy Drew gamer blanket, one (1) mug from our merchandise store on Teespring, one (1) promotional code for Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem, and one (1) $25 gift card for Starbucks
- Receiving Prizes. Once the winner is confirmed and, if requested, has returned the Additional Documentation, we mail the prize elements to the winner within 4-6 weeks after the end of the Contest Period to the physical address the winner provides to us when we notify him or her as discussed above. We may provide the gift card electronically. We will pay all postage/delivery costs, except for any tax liability as discussed below. We are not responsible and will not attempt to redeliver the prize if our mailing, whether electronic or physical, is returned as undeliverable nor for any damage to or loss of the prize occurring after they are delivered to the Winner. If a prize is returned as undeliverable or we are otherwise not able to deliver it to the address the winner provides, the winner will forfeit the prize and we will select an alternate winner by the method set forth above.
- Warranty Disclaimer. The prizes are provided “as-is” and without any warranties of any kind by us. We specifically disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, in connection with the prizes, including as to their quality or nature, their fitness for a particular purpose or their merchantability. You understand and agree that we have no control over the acts or omissions of our prize suppliers who may cease providing certain products or services in their discretion.
- Additional Restrictions, Terms, and Conditions for Prize Redemption. Certain prizes may have additional terms, conditions, and restrictions on or for use and redemption from the applicable manufacturer. Redemption and use of each prize are subject to all such terms, conditions, and registrations. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash or merchandise of any kind except as provided herein or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or component thereof of equal or greater value if a prize or component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason.
- Taxes. Any federal, provincial, state, and local taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Rules, including for winning a prize, are your sole responsibility and we may issue an IRS Form 1099 for the total approximate retail value of any prize that you win in the calendar year that you win it.
Please read this section particularly carefully as it affects your legal rights, including your right to sue.
- Assumption of Risk; Waiver and Release of Liability.
- You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Contest and, if applicable, your use of the prize, is undertaken voluntarily and entirely at your own risk and you agree to assume all such risk, including risk of property damage, bodily injury or death, and all other damage or potential damage, whether known or unknown to you.
- Without limiting your obligations in the next paragraph, you agree to release us, our prize suppliers, our and their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, employees, officers, directors, advertising and promotion and agencies, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc. and related entities (together, the “Released Parties”) from, and forever give up and waive your right to sue or claim against any of them for, any and all claims, causes, suits or other liability, loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses (“Claims”), whether known or unknown to you, arising out of, caused by, resulting from or relating to this Contest, these Rules, your participation in the Contest and/or your use or misuse of prizes, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Please note that this waiver and release specifically extends to Claims or portions of Claims alleging or arising as the result of Released Parties’ negligence.
- You acknowledge and agree that the foregoing waiver and release will be binding on your heirs, estate, successors and assigns.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA: You specifically waive the protections of the following law and acknowledge and agree that the Claims described in the following are included in your waiver and release above:
California Civil Code Section 1542: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all Claims brought by third-parties against one or more of the Released Parties and/or suffered or incurred by one or more Released Parties as a result of such third-party Claims to the extent arising out of or relating to your violation of these Rules including, without limitation, your breach of the warranties set forth above.
LIMITING OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
Without limiting your waiver and release of Claims above, you acknowledge and agree that we assume no responsibility or liability for any of the following: the acts or omissions of the prize suppliers, including any defective merchandise provided thereby or therefrom, lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, illegible, corrupted or altered entries, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission of entries, any communications line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to entries, alteration of entries, technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entries to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrants’ or any other persons’ computers or smartphone devices related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
- General Conditions. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond our reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant we determine to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or in a fraudulent, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Our failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of them.
- Disputes: By entering this Contest, you agree to these Rules and our decisions about and interpretation of and in connection with them, all of which are final and binding in all respects. This Contest and these Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Washington, or the United States courts sitting in Washington, for the adjudication for any Claims or disputes arising out of or relating to the Contest and these Rules. Venue for such disputes will be in the courts of competent jurisdiction located in King County, WA.
- Winner List. For a list of the first initial and last name of the winners, please send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to HeR Interactive, Attn: 2020 Nancy Drew Games Pumpkin Carving Contest, P.O. Box 1092, Renton, WA, 98057, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: 2020 Nancy Drew Pumpkin Carving Contest Winner List. All requests must be made within 30 days after the end of the Contest Period. Requests received after that time will not be fulfilled.