This contest has ended. Congrats to our winners!
With so many terrific entries, we wanted to showcase some great honorable mentions!
Thanks everyone for participating! Stay tuned for more contests in the future!
Tis the season for the Nancy Drew Cookie Contest!
Preheat your ovens! It’s time for our annual Nancy Drew Cookie Contest! What are the guidelines? First, come up with a creative concept for cookies that ties into Nancy Drew Games or into Midnight in Salem. This can be anything from making cookies that you’ve made in-game or designing cookies that look like characters or elements from our games. Once you have your brilliant idea planned out, it’s time to start baking! After you pull them out of the oven and style them with a creative background or other fun props, snap a picture or create a fun video and post it on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter with the hashtag #NDCookie20 and be sure to tag us! The Contest begins on Friday, December 4, 2020, at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on Friday, January 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm PST. Happy baking!
This year there will be two categories and four (4) prize winners!
- $200 cash gift card
- $50 cash gift card
- $25 cash gift card
Special Category: Midnight in Salem
- $100 cash gift card
To submit your Nancy Drew Cookies on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram your post/tweet must include the following four elements:
- Attach a picture or video of your baked cookies
- A brief description of how the cookies are connected to Nancy Drew
- Tell us if you’re entering the main or the Midnight in Salem category
- The hashtag: #NDCookie20 and tag our social handle
- Lastly, make sure you’ve liked our Facebook page or are following us on Twitter or Instagram
You may enter as many times as you like!
We will notify potential winners on January 8, 2021, via direct message to their accounts on the platform they used to enter and, if potential winners emailed us their entries, to the email address used to send the entry.
See below for full contest rules, and then submit your #NDCookie20 entry today!
Alternative Entry: If you do not have a Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account, you may send your entry via email to email@example.com. Please note that HeR Interactive may post/tweet your email entry.
Need some inspiration to get started? Here’s a look at last year’s winners and honorable mentions!
OFFICIAL RULES: NANCY DREW GAMES COOKIE CONTEST
Welcome to the Nancy Drew Games Cookie Contest! Please read the following instructions and rules carefully. If you’re still not sure about something, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also agree that your entrance and/or participation in the Contest indicates your agreement to the Rules without modification. If you do not agree to the Rules or any portion of them, please do not enter the Contest.
Finally, by entering and participating in the Contest, you represent, warrant and agree that you are at least 18 years old and have the legal authority to provide the information and waive and release those Claims described in these Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sponsor: HeR Interactive, Inc., P.O. Box 1092, Renton, WA, 98057; email@example.com.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian may submit on your behalf and claim the prize for you if you are chosen as the winner.
- Employees of Sponsor, Sponsor’s affiliates, our prize suppliers or their affiliates, and any of their related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and agents and any agencies or other companies (including third-party advertising sponsors) involved in the development or execution of the Contest or production or distribution of Contest materials, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Without limiting the specific legal exclusions, above, this Contest is void where prohibited by law. If the laws where you reside or from which you are entering the Contest prohibit the Contest or your participation in it, please do not enter.
WHEN TO PLAY
The Contest begins on Friday, December 4, 2020 at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on Friday, January 1, 2021 at 11:59 pm PST (the “Contest Period.”). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
HOW TO PLAY
- What to Make. We want to see creative photos or videos of your best original Nancy Drew Game-themed cookies! Create the recipe and prepare your cookies in one of the following categories. Then, submit a photo or video clearly showing the finished product as indicated below. Entries may include drinks, if you like, but we will only be judging the cookies. If you aren’t familiar with our Nancy Drew Games, please feel free to search for “Nancy Drew Games walkthroughs” on the Internet. This content has been created by our users and we are not associated with or responsible for any of these walkthroughs; however, they will give you an idea of the games which will help with your entries.
Categories (and Examples)
- Nancy Drew: Any Game – create a cookie(s) that is inspired by any Nancy Drew Game.
- Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem Theme – any cookie imaginable that can relate to this game.
Additional Entry Rules and Guidelines
- Cookie(s) must be your creation and they must be homemade. Having your friends or parents help you is acceptable. Also, you may use boxed ingredients, but you must cook or bake the ingredients (or mix the drinks) on your own.
- All cookies in your entry must have a Nancy Drew Game theme. Be creative! You may re-create a cookie found within Nancy Drew Games, or create a cookie that is inspired by the Nancy Drew Games.
- Your entry must show the end result, but if you enter a video, you are welcome to show the process of how you got there if you’d like.
- Cookies must be real and your creation(s) need to be edible. However, you may use supporting elements in the structure and presentation, like sticks, cake rods, plates, twine, and pictures from the Nancy Drew Games.
- Pictures from past contests or sweepstakes that we have sponsored are not eligible for entry into the Contest.
What and Where to Submit. Please submit your photo or video entry via one of the following methods: (a) post to our Facebook page (facebook.com/nancydrewpcgames), (b) post to our Twitter account @HeRInteractive; (c) post to your Instagram grid and tag @NancyDrewPCGames; or (d) email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each entry must include:
- One picture or video of your food
- The hashtag #NDCookie20
- The name or quick description of your cookies
- The game your cookie(s) is themed after (we will accept game numbers/abbreviations/acronyms)
- The category(ies) you are entering; please feel free to refer to them by their numbers indicated above
Please note if you email us your entry, you understand and agree that we may post it to either or both of our Facebook or Twitter accounts. Entries that do not contain all the required information will not be considered.
Unlimited Entries. You may submit as many entries as you like and you may submit the same entry for judgment in multiple categories. Go nuts! However, please do not submit the same entry more than once.
Content of Entries. You may only submit your original photos or videos as entries. You may not include any elements in the photo or video whose rights you do not own or cannot license to us, including any trademarks, drawings or photos in the background. You may not depict any identifiable person in the photo other than yourself, whether celebrity or not, unless you have all rights and permissions necessary to publicly display that person’s likeness and for us to display the likeness as required by these Rules. Please keep it clean—we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify entries that contain illegal, obscene, offensive or inappropriate content.
Please note that this Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
HOW TO WIN
Judging; Criteria for Winning. We will judge entries by category and select a winner in each category. All entries will be judged in accordance with the following criteria, with equal weight given to each:
- Nancy Drew Game theme/relation
- Technical Execution (Easy and accessible is good; difficult and well-executed is also good!)
If there is a tie, we will select the entry with the highest “Creativity” score, and, if there is still a tie, we will select the entry with the highest “Nancy Drew Game theme/relation” score.
Winner Notification; Disqualification. We will complete our judging and select potential winners on or around January 8, 2021. We will notify potential winners via direct message to their accounts on the platform they used to enter and, if potential winners emailed us their entries, to the email address used to send the entry. Potential winners may also be required to provide us with email or physical addresses to receive prizes and execute affidavits attesting to their eligibility to be confirmed as winners and an additional legally binding release (all such documents, the “Additional Documents”). Additional information must be provided by the date we indicate and Additional Documents must be signed and returned by the date we indicate in the communication with which they are provided or the potential winners will be disqualified. If potential winners cannot be contacted by the applicable social media account information or email address(es), fail to provide required information to receive prizes or fail to sign and return the Additional Documents within the required time period (as applicable) or are otherwise disqualified as permitted in these Rules, the potential winners will forfeit the prizes. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified or forfeits a prize for any reason an alternate winner will be selected by the criteria set forth above. The prize may remain unawarded if Sponsor is required to select more than three alternate winners.
Prizes. Each winner will receive the prizes as laid out below.
- $200 cash gift card
- $50 cash gift card
- $25 cash gift card
Special Category: Midnight in Salem
- $100 cash gift card
Total Estimated Retail Value (ERV) of all prizes: $375.00
Receiving Prizes. Once the winner is confirmed and, if requested, has returned the Additional Documentation, we mail the prize elements to the winner within 4-6 weeks after the end of the Contest Period to the physical address the winner provides to us when we notify him or her as discussed above. We may provide the gift card electronically. We will pay all postage/delivery costs, except for any tax liability as discussed below. We are not responsible and will not attempt to redeliver the prize if our mailing, whether electronic or physical, is returned as undeliverable nor for any damage to or loss of the prize occurring after they are delivered to the Winner. If a prize is returned as undeliverable or we are otherwise not able to deliver it to the address the winner provides, the winner will forfeit the prize and we will select an alternate winner by the method set forth above.
Warranty Disclaimer. The prizes are provided “as-is” and without any warranties of any kind by us. We specifically disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, in connection with the prizes, including as to their quality or nature, their fitness for a particular purpose or their merchantability. You understand and agree that we have no control over the acts or omissions of our prize suppliers who may cease providing certain products or services at their discretion.
Additional Restrictions, Terms and Conditions for Prize Redemption. Certain prizes may have additional terms, conditions and restrictions on or for use and redemption from the applicable manufacturer. Redemption and use of each prize is subject to all such terms, conditions and registrations. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash or merchandise of any kind except as provided herein or as required by applicable law. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or component thereof of equal or greater value if a prize or component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason.
Taxes. Any federal, provincial, state and local taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Rules, including for winning a prize, are your sole responsibility and we may issue an IRS Form 1099 for the total approximate retail value of any prize that you win in the calendar year that you win it.
Please read this section particularly carefully as it affects your legal rights, including your right to sue.
Assumption of Risk; Waiver and Release of Liability.
- You acknowledge and agree that your participation in the Contest and, if applicable, your use of the prize, is undertaken voluntarily and entirely at your own risk and you agree to assume all such risk, including risk of property damage, bodily injury or death, and all other damage or potential damage, whether known or unknown to you.
- Without limiting your obligations in the next paragraph, you agree to release us, our prize suppliers, our and their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, employees, officers, directors, advertising and promotion and agencies, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, Inc., Twitter, Inc. and related entities (together, the “Released Parties”) from, and forever give up and waive your right to sue or claim against any of them for, any and all claims, causes, suits or other liability, loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses (“Claims”), whether known or unknown to you, arising out of, caused by, resulting from or relating to this Contest, these Rules, your participation in the Contest and/or your use or misuse of prizes, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Please note that this waiver and release specifically extends to Claims or portions of Claims alleging or arising as the result of Released Parties’ negligence.
- You acknowledge and agree that the foregoing waiver and release will be binding on your heirs, estate, successors and assigns.
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA: You specifically waive the protections of the following law and acknowledge and agree that the Claims described in the following are included in your waiver and release above:
California Civil Code Section 1542: A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all Claims brought by third-parties against one or more of the Released Parties and/or suffered or incurred by one or more Released Parties as a result of such third-party Claims to the extent arising out of or relating to your violation of these Rules including, without limitation, your breach of the warranties set forth above.
LIMITING OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
Without limiting your waiver and release of Claims above, you acknowledge and agree that we assume no responsibility or liability for any of the following: the acts or omissions of the prize suppliers, including any defective merchandise provided thereby or therefrom, lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, illegible, corrupted or altered entries, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission of entries, any communications line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to entries, alteration of entries, technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entries to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Entrants’ or any other persons’ computers or smartphone devices related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
General Conditions. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond our reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by us in our sole discretion. We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant we determine to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or in a fraudulent, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Our failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of them.
Disputes: By entering this Contest, you agree to these Rules and our decisions about and interpretation of and in connection with them, all of which are final and binding in all respects. This Contest and these Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Washington, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Washington, or the United States courts sitting in Washington, for the adjudication for any Claims or disputes arising out of or relating to the Contest and these Rules. Venue for such disputes will be in the courts of competent jurisdiction located in King County, WA.
Winner List. For a list of the first initial and last name of the winners, please send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to HeR Interactive, Attn: Nancy Drew Games Cookie Contest, P.O. Box 1092, Renton, WA, 98057, or email us at email@example.com with the subject line: Nancy Drew Games Cookie Contest Winner List. All requests must be made within 30 days after the end of the Contest Period. Requests received after that time will not be fulfilled.