Jared M. Nieuwenhuis
HER INTERACTIVE BRINGS CLASSIC NANCY DREW MYSTERY GAMES TO TABLETS
Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall Now Available on the App Store;
First of Many Nancy Drew Mystery Adventure Apps Coming to iPad, Kindle and Android
BELLEVUE, Wash., March 4, 2014 – Favorite teen sleuth Nancy Drew will now unlock mysteries on tablets this year as leading video game publisher and developer Her Interactive brings their classic and award-winning mystery adventure game franchise to mobile. As the first of several classic and new Nancy Drew games designed for tablets, Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall launches today for the iPad. Kindle Fire and Android versions are expected to launch in the coming weeks.
One of the most popular Nancy Drew games for PC/Mac when it launched last year, Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall has been optimized for the tablet gaming experience with full retina display resolution and new game features. Her Interactive plans to bring other classic Nancy Drew games from its PC/Mac catalog to tablets later this year. New Nancy Drew mystery adventure games are also in development for tablets as well as PC and Mac. Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall for iPad is available now on the app store.
“We’re very excited to bring our classic Nancy Drew adventure series to tablets for the first time so that fans – young and old, current and new – can enjoy a new way to play Nancy Drew games, anytime, anywhere,” stated Stuart Moulder, CEO, Her Interactive. “Our fans have been asking for the classic Nancy Drew game experience on mobile, and with Ghost of Thornton Hall we’re delivering a fan favorite mystery full of atmosphere and adventure, and a perfect fit for the tablet experience.”
In Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall, Jessalyn Thornton’s fateful sleepover at the abandoned Thornton estate was supposed to be a pre-wedding celebration, but the fun ended when she disappeared. While her family searches for clues, others refuse to speak about the estate’s dark past. Game players take on the persona of Nancy Drew to discover whether something supernatural happened to Jessalyn, or if someone in Thornton Hall is hiding more than family secrets.
Key features include:
- Solve Two Mysteries: Expose the fate of Jessalyn Thornton and unveil the truth about a family ghost
- Take on the Scariest Nancy Drew Case Ever: Explore crypts and graveyards and uncover moving statues, sliding panels and secret passages
- Examine Multiple Motives Under a Full Moon: Uncover old secrets and divulge new motives among the Thornton friends and family
- Unravel Perplexing and Spooky Puzzles: Reveal shocking evidence and critical clues buried beneath the spooky ruins
- Track Your Trophies: Verify your unlocked achievements on the new trophy menu display
- Fast Forward Conversations: The all new Fast Convo feature allows the player to accelerate through all character conversations
- Resolution: Full retina resolution allowing animation to run at 30 frames per second compared to 15 frames per second for the PC/Mac version
- Choose Difficulty Levels: Play at Amateur or Master Sleuth level and erase mistakes without starting over
- The Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall app was developed in partnership with A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. digital, a leading cross platform development studio creating top-selling games and applications.
Pricing and availability:
Available now for iPad in
The app store, free to install and then $5.99 after 60 minutes of game play.
For more information on Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall, visit:
To view the Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall trailer, visit:
About Her Interactive:
Her Interactive is the leading mystery-maker and pioneer of fun and inspiring interactive entertainment. The company, with 28 awards to its name, designs, develops and publishes high-quality, mystery adventure games and apps, and is the world leader in the mystery games category. Her Interactive’s Nancy Drew games have sold more than 9 million copies. This success, in part, is buoyed by the ever-increasing numbers of girls and women becoming avid game players. Nancy Drew players now include moms who have introduced their daughters to the girl detective, making her one of history’s longest-running iconic figures spanning generations. As the number-one PC mystery franchise since 2004, unit sales of the Nancy Drew series have exceeded those of Harry Potter, Myst and Tomb Raider.
More information about the company and the Nancy Drew games can be found at www.HerInteractive.com.
About Nancy Drew:
Nancy Drew debuted in 1930 and is still going strong. She is a smart, independent, gutsy and resourceful teen detective who can crack even the toughest case. Published in 22 languages and with more than 100 million copies in print worldwide, Nancy Drew has engaged readers and served as a role model globally for generations.
Copyright 2014 Her Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Nancy Drew is a registered trademark of Simon & Schuster, Inc.