fbpx

Older Games on Mac

We started making our games for both PC and Mac with Game #22 Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister. At this time, HeR Interactive is developing all of our new games for the Mac, as well as PC. I wish we had more games available for the Mac, but as we are a small company, the cost of converting our older games is prohibitive. However, I can assure you that ALL future games will be Mac compatible.

In addition, if you would like to try playing the older ND games on your Mac, we have heard that some of our fans have successfully used a product named “Virtual PC” to play our titles, as well as one called Wineskin. You may also want to try a program put out by Apple called Boot Camp which you can find on Apple’s website. While we don’t officially support this, you may find that it will work well for you too.

While we cannot guarantee its success as we did not develop this software, below is a method of installation using Wineskin that has been successful for many of our fans in the past.

For Physical Discs:

1. Download Wineskin Winery here
  2. Create a folder(s) on your desktop and name it the title of your game (e.g. “Secret of the Scarlet Hand”)
    • If your game has two discs, you will need to make three folders (one for each disc, and one to combine the two so that you have one complete game folder). Name these folders the title of your game followed by a 1, 2, and 3 (e.g. “Secret of the Scarlet Hand 1”)
  3. Insert the disc (or the first disc if you have multiple discs) into the disc drive
  4. If nothing immediately happens, double-click on the disc icon that appears on desktop to see the contents of the disc
  5. Select all of the files and folders that are located on the disc and drag and drop them into the folder on your desktop that you created (or the folder for disc 1 if you have multiple discs)
  6. When all of the files/folders have successfully been copied over, remove disc 1
  7. If your game only has one disc, then skip to step 8; otherwise repeat steps 3 through 6 for the second disc, placing these files/folders into the folder for disc 2
    • Once both disc folders contain the contents of each disc, drag both folders into the last folder you created. This will be your complete “game folder” which you will use going forward
  8. Duplicate the game folder on your desktop (it should be named “[Game Title] copy”)
  9. Now open Wineskin
    • You will need version WS8Wine1.3.18 (Or WS8Wine1.3.34 for Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, Danger by Design, and The Creature of Kapu Cave). If not there originally, click the plus (+) button and search for “WS8” in the search bar; find the engine called “WS8Wine1.3.18” from the drop-down menu underneath the search bar, select it, and then click on “Download and Install”
    • You will also need to make sure you have the latest Wrapper Version (currently Wineskin 2.6.2). If you do not see it in the box underneath where it says “Wrapper Version,” click on the “Update” button underneath
  10. Click “Create New Blank Wrapper,” name your wrapper the title of your game, and click “OK”
  11. Next it may say that it could not find Gecko package; if so, click install for Wine Gecko Installer (it may take a little while to install)
    • If you receive a “Program Error” message, exit out of the message window, then exit out of the loading section of the Gecko package installer and wait
  12. Once complete click “View Wrapper in Finder”
  13. Drag and drop the wrapper onto your desktop
  14. Once on your desktop, double click to open the wrapper, and click “Install Software”
  15. Under advanced options click “Move a Folder Inside”
  16. Select the duplicate folder that you just created and click “Choose”
    • If you do not see the folder immediately, make sure you are looking in the correct location (in your “Desktop” folder)
  17. Select the setup file for the game from the drop-down list. The file should be located in “/Program Files/[Game Title] copy/Setup.exe” (It will always end in Setup.exe ). The game should start the installation process
  18. If nothing happens from there, click the third button down labeled “Advanced” on the Wineskin window
  19. In the configuration tab make sure the Windows EXE file displayed is the setup.exe for your game and click “Test Run”
  20. Installation should begin; click “Install [Game Name]”
  21. Once you reach the screen that lets you choose the destination, click “browse” and make the path “C:\” and click “OK”, and then “next”
  22. If you see a window entitled “Direct X optional Installation” click the button saying, “No, I will Install, DirectX myself” and then click “next”
  23. Once the game is finished installing, uncheck the box that says, “Play the game now!” and click “Finish”
    • If you are prompted to restart your computer, click “No, I will restart later” and click “Finish”
  24. Next click “Exit Setup”
  25. Once you are out of the installer the Wineskin advanced window should still be open (if not, click on “Advanced” to open it up again); click “Browse”
  26. Change the Windows EXE file from setup.exe to the file titled “/Game.exe” or “/[Game Title].exe” and click “Test Run”
  27. After this the game should start running
    • If you do not see the game begin to play and then you see a window that says “Test Run Complete,” just click “Cancel” and then wait a few seconds, and then try clicking “Test Run” again
  28. When you are satisfied with your test run, exit out of the game and then click “Cancel” when you see a window that says “Test Run Complete.” You should now be able to click on the wrapper on your desktop to begin playing the game

*NOTE: If clicking on “Test Run” does not begin installing/launching your game, or you are running into issues with re-opening your game, the following steps may help correct the issue:
1) Right-click on the game wrapper on your desktop and select “Show Package Contents”
2) Right-click on the Wineskip.app and select “Open”
3) Click on “Set Screen Options”
4) Under “Other Options,” uncheck the box next to “Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct 3D”
5) Click “Done” and exit out

For Digital Downloads:

1. Download Wineskin Winery here
  2. Download the game you wish to play from your order and then drag and drop the downloaded file onto your desktop
  3. Now open Wineskin
  4. Click “Create New Blank Wrapper,” name your wrapper the title of your game, and click “OK”
  5. Next it may say that it could not find Gecko package; if so, click install for Wine Gecko Installer (it may take a little while to install)
  6. Once complete click “View Wrapper in Finder”
  7. Drag and drop the wrapper onto your desktop
  8. Once on your desktop, double click to open the wrapper. Click “Set Screen Options” and then uncheck the box for “Auto Detect GPU for Direct 3D” and then click “Done.”
  9. Click on “Install Software”
  10. Under advanced options click “Choose Setup Executable”
  11. Select the game file that you downloaded (it will always end in .exe). The game should start the installation process.
  12. Once you reach the screen that lets you choose the destination, click “browse” and make the path “C:\” and click “OK”, and then “next”
  13. If you see a window entitled “Direct X optional Installation” click the button saying, “No, I will Install, DirectX myself” and then click “next”
  14. Once the game is finished installing, if there is a box that says, “Play the game now!” then uncheck it, and then click “Finish”
  15. If prompted to “Choose Executable,” select the option “/Game.exe” or “/[Game Title].exe” from the dropdown menu and click “OK”
  16. Once you are out of the installer the Wineskin advanced window should still be open (if not, click on “Advanced” to open it back up); click “Browse”
  17. Select the file titled “/Game.exe” or “/[Game Title].exe” and click choose, and then click “Test Run”
  18. After this the game should start running
  19. When you are satisfied with your test run, exit out of the game and then click “Cancel” when you see a window that says “Test Run Complete.” You should now be able to click on the wrapper on your desktop to begin playing the game

Posted in: FAQs, Mac

107 responses to “Older Games on Mac”

1. Brooke says:

Hello there! Wineskin has been my savior for playing my old Nancy Drew games that weren’t made for Mac! The trick is all in which wrapper you use. So far, the only one I haven’t been able to play has been the original Secrets Can Kill with 2 discs.

• Greta says:

I’m trying to figure this out for Stay Tuned for Danger but I’m having a really difficult time understanding how all of this works! What exactly do you mean when you say “all in which wrapper you use?”

Hi Greta! Where do you see us say “wrapper”? Could you email us at techsupport@herinteractive.com? Thanks!

• Greta says:

Oh! Sorry, I meant that in response to Brooke’s comment above. She mentioned using Wineskin and that the trick is all in which wrapper you use. I was hoping she could explain what she meant and/or how she uses the program. 🙂

Sorry for the confusion!

• Brooke says:

Greta,
        When you use Wineskin, you can choose an engine to make a wrapper. When I first started trying this, I just used the newest engine (figuring that would be the best one) and there was terrible mouse lag and flickering and such. Then I did some searching and found that a different engine worked way better. I’ve had to use a different one for a few games, but the one that’s worked best for me is WS8Wine1.3.18. Hope that helps!

• Michaela says:

Hello Brooke!
      I was hoping maybe you could give a step by step. I want to make sure I download the correct application with the correct wrapper. I tried, but it didn’t let me pick WS8Wine1.3.18., which you’ve had the best success with. Also, once it’s downloaded what do you do with the game?
      Thank you!

• Brooke says:

Hi Michaela! Check out this step by step. It should have everything you need!

• Kim says:

This link helped me SO much!! I have played games 2-13 on my 2012 MacBook Pro with barely any issues. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST!! I seriously can’t thank you enough. I have been longing to play the older games but since I got a Mac 6 years ago I didn’t have the chance. I have spent hours enjoying these old ND games as well as some of my other favorites from windows 98, Me, XP. Hope to play original SCK and games 14-21 eventually. I recommend wrapper 1.3.18 for 2-12 and 1.3.34 for TRN.

2. Linda says:

Can someone PLEASE give me (tech illiterate) STEP BY STEP instructions on a MAC laptop how to get the program needed to play the older games and then how to get them ready to play? Thank you!

3. Linda says:

Do you have to have the physical disc purchase or can you download the game and play it then?

4. Cheryl says:

Has anyone tried using 2-disk games on the Mac? I haven’t had much sucess with this, so I am wondering if other people have?

• Brooke says:

Cheryl,
      Yes, I have played many (close to all) of the 2 disc games on the Mac. The only one I’ve not been able to get to work so far has been the original Secrets Can Kill. Just copy the files from both discs into the same folder, select “Keep Both” if it finds any files that may be “duplicates” and then proceed just like you would for a game with a single disc! Hope that helps!

5. AccioDrew says:

I don’t understand how to use this at all. Is there an easy to understand guide anywhere? Unfortunately this is Greek to me 🙁

Hi AccioDrew! I highly recommend reading up on each of the programs’ web sites for further instructions.

6. Donna McLean says:

How do you play your Nancy Drew disc on a mac computer? Please help me with this Thank you Donna McLean

7. Annie says:

How do you play older games on a PC. I tried changing to a compatible previous version of Windows but none of them worked. Do you have a solution to this problem? Thanks.

Hi Annie, if you are still having trouble after reading the instructions and following the programs’ web site guides (like Wineskin’s) try emailing their tech support for your Mac porting.

8. Caitlin says:

I found this video to be extremely helpful in walking through how to install Wineskin and therefore the older games!! https://youtu.be/ot94PUemEU4
    When he says to select “Euro Truck Simulator” that’s the step where you’ll pick the game to install. Go to the Disc image, and select Setup.exe
    Hope that helps!!

9. Caitlin says:

Scratch that!!! THIS one is even better. The other one I actually haven’t been able to open the game at all… installing was easy, but I still can’t play. This one is more thorough! It’s a different program altogether.

10. Tori says:

Does anyone have directions on how to install old games via Wineskin when it is a digital download? I know how to do it when you have the disc, but what about when it’s only the digital version?

Hi Tori! I’ve never used Wineskin, so I could only suggest looking up their guides on their web site. Sorry!

11. Rachel says:

I created a tutorial on youtube for downloading Nancy Drew games using wineskin! I explain how with two disc games as well! Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUvkbvsSebk

12. Jackson says:

Parallels is also really good. Virtual PC is now called VMWare Fusion. If you use these, try to load Windows XP, because it is easier to install the games, and there is less memory drain and lag.

13. Kelsey says:

Does anyone know how to get back into your game? I was able to get it all set up through Wineskin, but now I cannot get back in. It prompts me back through the install process where I have to choose to “modify”, “repair”, or “remove” the game. I have tried the “modify” option and the “repair” option and they don’t seem to do anything. I don’t want to try the “remove” option because it took me so long to even get it set up in the first place. Anyone familiar with this situation and how to fix it?

14. Rachel says:

I would love to play the old games again! I have a MAC now but remember playing all those games on my PC, and would love to get back them while waiting for the release of Midnight in Salem. So my question to everyone, which works better for digital copies (such as from Her Interactive or Big Fish) WineSkin or Bootcamp? Or any other programs? Help please! 🙂

• Allison says:

I don’t know if you still need help, Rachel, but I’ve used both and found that both work well. Wineskin requires a bit more fiddling, but once you get the hang of it it’s easy. Bootcamp is easier if you’re familiar with Windows (and I was able to get the first game to play on it, which I’ve yet to do using Wineskin), but it requires the purchase of an official copy of the Windows software.

• Rachel Neathamer says:

7 I definitely still do! Awesome! Thank you! Ill have to give Bootcamp a try since you say its pretty easy 🙂 I appreciate it! Now I wonder where I can buy the official copy of the windows software lol cause I’m ready to get back into the old games! 🙂

• Rachel says:

I definitely still do need help! Awesome! Thank you! Ill have to give Bootcamp a try since you say its pretty easy I appreciate it! Now I wonder where I can buy the official copy of the windows software lol cause I’m ready to get back into the old games!

15. Kat says:

I’ve made a Twitch video on how to install old ND games on a Mac using Wineskin here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125941889

Now that I have this set up, II’ll be streaming the old games in order of release. Join me for some nostalgia! 😀

16. Hannah says:

Anyone figured out how to get your games from Big Fish Games to work using wineskin?

• Lissa says:

If you have purchased games from Big Fish for a PC, but now have a Mac, Big Fish will transfer your purchase over for you.
      Just email them, they were really good to me when I made the switch from PC to Mac and gave me the Mac downloads for all my purchased PC games free of charge.

• melissa says:

Most of the games are not available for MAC so we still need a way to play PC versions. Anyone found a way to play Big Fish PC versions of the game on a MAC?

17. Breeanna says:

I’ve used the method recommended by a poster on the Facebook page for the first 12 games, but when I did the same thing with Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and did the final test run (/Game.exe), the screen flashed and turned off. I thought it might just be that game, but I tried Danger by Design and had the same problem. Anyone have a method for games 13+?

Hello Breeanna, are you trying to use Wineskin or Bootcamp? If so, we recommend checking out that software’s tech support on their site. They know the software much better and may be able to help.

18. Shannon says:

Has anyone played Warnings At Waverly Academy using Wineskin? If so, which Engine did you use?
    I’m have trouble finding an Engine that doesn’t leave the game laggy. Thanks in advance!

• Brooke says:

Hi Shannon,

I am having the same problem. Please let us all know if you find a solution. I want to play this game so bad!!!

• Pualei says:

I haven’t tried wrapping any of the games yet, but Rachel’s video said that from newer games from blue moon and after used 1.3.34. Granted, her window went up to ransom, but if you haven’t tried that one yet maybe give it a go?

19. Pualei says:

Hello! Can someone help me? I made a wrapper for Last Train with 1.3.34 and it starts okay, but when I click on the difficulty I want to play a box pops up that says ERROR:OpenVideoStreamForSingleFrames. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m not sure how to go about fixing it

20. Nancy says:

With wineskin, are you now able to purchase one of the old pc games through digital download and use it on mac software? I tried to download the pc version of The Secret of the Scarlet Hand on my mac and use wineskin in order to play it, but I wasn’t able to because once I downloaded the game, it just said that it was not compatible with macOS, and I could not use it in wineskin.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get around this?

• Jordan says:

So going off of my own experience downloading the digital version of the games you need to try and save the set-up file you download to the desktop. If you click ‘open’ you’ll get that non-compatible message. Once you do that follow the steps in Rachel’s video but instead of using the disk folders she has, just use the folder you make using the set-up file from the download. Rachels folders have a bunch of files but dont worry about that because you have to use wineskin for the installation wizard. Hope this helps!

21. Pualei says:

Has anyone else had problem trying to install a game that has two discs, where part way through installation you still receive the prompt to ‘insert disc 2?’

22. Ashley says:

I have been successful in using Wineskin for all the older games except for: Blue Moon Canyon, Danger by Design, and Kapu Cave. I have attempted wrapper 1.1.34 as suggested by others but it has been unsuccessful. When I open the game.exe the screen prompts me to enter in the disk, when I do it still will not load. Thoughts anyone?

• Grace says:

Hey, what did you use for Waverly Academy if you don’t mind me asking-I’ve been having issues with it lagging and skipping dialogue.

23. Ravi Cisco says:

Mac always provides best games from the older times and interactivity makes it happen by Apple company.The game ‘Wineskin’ and the virtual games on first developed by Mac and well the establishment of games make a record in the world.

24. Molly says:

I’ve been able to play the following games:

PC Electronic Download:
    Scarlet Hand
    Secret of the Old Clock
    Kapu Cave
    Phantom of Venice
    Blue Moon Canyon
    Dossier: Resorting to Danger

Disc:
    Deception Island
    Haunted Carousel

These are the steps I used for all of the electronic downloads:

1. Once the download is complete I like to move it on to my desktop because it makes it easer to find later on
    2. Open Wineskin and choose WS8Wine1.3.18 when creating a new wrapper (by clicking the + next to ‘new engines available’ if you do not already have the engine installed)
    **For Blue Moon Canyon I had to use WS8Wine1.3.34 but the rest of the process was the same
    2. Once the wrapper is completed click view in finder (I like to move the wrapper on to my desktop for accessibility as well) and open the wrapper
    3. Click ‘install software’ then click ‘choose setup executable’.
    4. In the window that pops up, select the game download from the desktop file
    5. This will begin the download and a blue InstallSheild Wizard window should pop up on your screen. Follow the download BUT when you get to the designation folder click browse and type in ‘C:’
    6. When the installation is completed, click on the wrapper to open the game. A ‘Choose Executable’ window may pop up; just choose /Game.exe and the game will begin or you may have to click on the wrapper again

For the games where I used a CD, I followed the youtube tutorial that was posted a while back in this thread.

Hope this helps!

Also lately I’ve just been chancing that the PC downloads will work with this process so if anyone has any of the ones not on this list I would love to know if they work!

• Kristina says:

You are the BEST wow. I could seriously cry haha. Secret of the Old Clock had some slow cursor issues, but Treasure in a Royal Tower is working perfectly so far. Either way, I’m gonna try this out for all the downloads! Thanks again xx

• Anne says:

I’ve tried to do this several times, and only after I read your comment have I been able to!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I’m soooo happy I can play old games again, and some that I never played! You are the best!

25. KD says:

Thank you all so much for your notes and help in using Wineskin. I am an older Nancy Drew addict and I am so happy that I can play the PC version games I missed. I just downloaded the Haunting at Castle Mallory and the instructions given above for digital download work like a charm. Only drawback is the sound is a bit low but I will use my headphones. Thanks again.

26. Chloe says:

I used this method for Danger by Design and it worked great! But now I’m trying Stay Tuned for Danger and it’s not working. Can someone help? I haven’t been able to play this game, even on my windows, and it’s my last one! I really want to play it.

27. Chloe says:

I think the problem with Stay Tuned for Danger is that when I try to erase everything but the “C:” for destination folder, it won’t let me. Did anyone have success with StFD?

• Katie says:

Hi Chloe, I had the same problem, but not with this game. There is a ‘ \ ‘ after the ‘C:’. So I discovered if you leave out the back slash it will give you an error. In the destination folder, put ‘ C:\ ‘ and it shouldn’t give you an error message anymore. hope this helps!

28. Paul says:

I tried everything to get this to work for me. The discs I tried won’t even stay inside my mac. I watched youtube videos and even read the guides. Any help would be appreciated from here.

Hi Paul! If the discs do not stay in your drive, you may want to contact Apple support about the drive. Are you using Virtual PC, or Wineskin? Check out their tech support for how to use these. If you are having trouble installing a Nancy Drew game, please contact us directly at techsupport@herinteractive.com after you’ve checked that the computer and software works. Thanks!

29. Jess Mack says:

Has anyone managed to find what wineskin version to use for Warnings at Waverly Academy? I’ve tried a couple but the lag is terrible!

• Lindsay says:

Wine 1.3.0 gets rid of the lag in Waverly 🙂

• Jess Mack says:

Thanks Lindsay!
        This helps with the lag, but for some reason my phone camera won’t work in the game, I can take a picture but it won’t show up on my camera. This happens with all wineskin versions I’ve tried. Has this happened to you also? Jess xx

30. Alexis Berry says:

I have had success with all my one disc games, but my two disc games (Danger by Design and Creature of Kapu Cave) seem to not be working through my Wineskin. I can get it all installed and everything, but when I select the game.exe and run the test run, it doesn’t actually start the game, it just prompts me about the successful test run and if I want to see the logs. I have been able to go through the setup and everything successfully for all my other games, but I really want to play these two and I can’t manage to get the game launched. Please please help if you know what to do!! Thanks

31. Alea Frazier says:

I’ve had success on all but Danger by Design, Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, Creature of Kapu Cave, and obviously Warnings at Waverly Academy. Anybody have suggestions for getting at least 13-15 installed? I used two different wrappers (WS8Wine1.3.34 and 1.3.18) and couldn’t get either to work.

If it matters, I’m running OS X Yosemite.

32. Liv B says:

Hey all! I’m following the Reddit link to use my games with a Mac but im struggling because all my games are being downloaded onto a portable external hard drive. Can anyone help? Which steps would I need to change?

33. Kitkat says:

Hi. Would really like to know what download version of the older games work with wineskin. I don’t have the physical copies anymore. 🙁

Hello Kitkat! All the downloadable Nancy Drew games (digital) should be able to work with the work-around instructions posted in our FAQ page, which should work the same way on PC as with a program like Wineskin or Bootcamp on Macs.

34. Aiden Lynch says:

I am trying to install Creatire of Kapu, Danger by Desgin, and secret of the old clock on Wineskin on Mac but whenever I try it tells me to enter disc 1 I haven’t had this problems with any of the other ones

35. Anna Steele says:

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL NEWER MAC USERS RUNNING HIGH SIERRA:
    This WILL NOT work for digital downloads unless you do this between steps 7 and 8:
    Go to “Set Screen Options”, and uncheck the Auto Detect GPU for Direct 3D” option.

Otherwise, these instructions are perfect for those wanting to run the older games on MAC. I have had no issues running any of the old games I’ve tried so far as soon as I figured out that this option needed to be unchecked on the newer operating system.

Thanks for the awesome games!! Everyone enjoy playing!

36. Emily says:

This happens with every game I try to install, both CD and download. No matter what I do, when I get to the point that the setup should run, it won’t. Nothing pops up, even after the test run. Any ideas?

37. Jojo says:

Once I have the final wrapper that works can I move all the other folders off my desktop? (A little OCD lol)

38. nancyfam#1 says:

I just want to say thank you so much for putting this out there. It has been a good 10 years or so since I first started playing Nancy Drew games as a child and I have wanted to relive the old games for a long time. I cannot wait to play them! Thank you!

39. Janae says:

I’m trying run Stay Tuned for Danger on my Mac with OS El Capitan with Wineskin. Every time I get to the install stage and enter “C:\” for the path I get an error message saying you must enter a full path with drive letter; for example C:\APP or a UNC path in the form \\server\share”. Anyone find a work around for this issue?

40. Bess Marvin says:

This has worked so well for me! Except, has anyone had issues with Haunted Carousel playing the arcade games? My computer loads too slow to keep up with the games, so I can’t win the tokens. Anyone have this problem and been able to fix it?

41. Simone S. says:

Just installed my first Wineskin and game! My only issue so far is that the double curser is still there. Any tips on fixing that problem? Thanks!!

42. Chloe says:

Wineskin used to work for me, except when I updated my Mac’s OS system it stopped. Does this still work? I’m using Mac High Sierra and can’t get anything on Wineskin to play anymore

Hi Chloe! Check out the FAQs on Wineskin’s web site, or try reaching out to them – they may know how to make their program work on newer operating systems.

43. Lauren says:

I cannot get Danger By Design, Whit Wolf of Icicle Creek, Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon, and the Creature of Kapu Cave to work. I am running macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6. I have followed the instructions for set up exactly and the picture is always broken up and fuzzy. What do I do?

Hello Lauren, if this seems like a PC/Mac port issue with the program you are using (like wineskin, or bootcamp for example) please contact them about more detailed help. If you think the game is glitching, please contact us at techsupport@herinteactive.com so we can help you fix it. Thanks!

44. Bekah says:

My Mac will not let me install the game in the “C:\” destination format. What do I do? Everything else has worked so smoothly. P.s. I bought my digital download off of amazon.

45. Brianna says:

Hi! I’m playing The Secret of Shadow Ranch and it’s extremely laggy. Wineskin is great but the cursor is very off and playing the games in Mary’s gift shop is so slow it takes a really long time to do a lot of the challenges. Does anyone think they can help? Thank you

46. Anna M. says:

I have had great success with wineskin until I tried to download Stay Tuned For Danger. Ever time I try to put in destination location C:\ it says “you must enter a full path with letter drive; for example ‘C:\APP or a UNC path in form: \\server\share”
    Anyone come across this and know how to fix this error?