- Show all categories
- Warnings at Waverly Academy
- Ransom of the Seven Ships
- The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- The Phantom of Venice
- Legend of the Crystal Skull
- The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- The Creature of Kapu Cave
- Danger By Design
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Secret of the Old Clock
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor (DVDi Game)
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Danger on Deception Island
- The Haunted Carousel
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- Secret of the Scarlet Hand
- The Final Scene
- Treasure in the Royal Tower
- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Stay Tuned for Danger
- Secrets Can Kill
- Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses
- Online Download Purchase Questions
- Physical Game & Box Purchase Questions
- Messageboard and Website
- Instant Response
Install does not start when I put in my disc.
After placing Disc 1 into the disc drive, install does not start.
Autoplay may be turned off or
drive has trouble reading the disc.
If the installation does not start on its own after placing Disc 1 in the drive, start the install process manually by taking the following steps:
1. With Disc 1 in your disc drive, go to your 'Start' menu and select 'My Computer' (or 'Computer' for Vista users).
2. Under 'Devices with Removable Storage', right-click on the icon for the disc drive with the Nancy Drew game disc in it and select 'Open'.
3. This window should now show the contents of the game CD. For more information on the files, go to 'View' in the toolbar at the top of the window and select 'Details'.
4. Double-click the Setup file (Setup.exe) that has 'Application' next to it in the Type column to start the install process.
If install still does not start and you have more than one disc drive on your computer, try using the other drive to install the game. For additional help installing older games on Windows Vista, please click here . Or you can try copying the contents of the game disc(s) to a folder on your desktop and manually starting the install from the folder by taking the following steps:
1. Create a new folder on your Desktop by right-clicking and selecting 'New' and then 'Folder'. Rename the folder with the game name.
2. Put Disc 1 in your disc drive and navigate to the drive by right-clicking it in My Computer and selecting ‘Open’.
3. Select all game files and drag them from the disc into the folder you created on your Desktop.
4. Once all files have copied over, remove Disc 1 and put Disc 2 in your disc drive. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for Disc 2.
5. After all files have copied for Disc 2, open the folder and double-click on the setup.exe file to start installation.
6. After the game has successfully installed, you can delete this folder on your desktop as it was for installation purposes only.
Last update: 2009-11-12 11:18
Author: John K.
You cannot comment on this entry