- Show all categories
- Warnings at Waverly Academy
- Ransom of the Seven Ships
- The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- The Phantom of Venice
- Legend of the Crystal Skull
- The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- The Creature of Kapu Cave
- Danger By Design
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Secret of the Old Clock
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor (DVDi Game)
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Danger on Deception Island
- The Haunted Carousel
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- Secret of the Scarlet Hand
- The Final Scene
- Treasure in the Royal Tower
- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Stay Tuned for Danger
- Secrets Can Kill
- Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses
- Online Download Purchase Questions
- Physical Game & Box Purchase Questions
- Messageboard and Website
- Instant Response
Bess/Nancy Conversation freeze problem
During a phone call between Bess and Nancy, the game freezes.
This issue is an isolated problem usually related to an "older video card" issue. One solution that has worked for most cases is to save your game during the conversation when Bess says her last word, which is "No" and then reload the game from that saved point.
If the game is still freezing after doing this, please send us your DxDiag file (instructions below) and a copy of your saved game at the freeze point. Your saved game should be in your Documents folder in a 'Legend of the Crystal Skull' folder:
XP- C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Documents\Legend of the Crystal Skull
Vista- C:\User\Username\Documents\Legend of the Crystal Skull
Once we receive your saved game, we will look at it to determine the problem, most likely move you past that point in the game and email your saved game back to you. Please follow the instructions below to run the DxDiag file:
1. Go to your 'Start' menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window type 'dxdiag' (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click 'No' or 'Cancel' if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It will take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner for status.
6. When complete, click the 'Save All Information' button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called DxDiag.txt to your desktop.
After saving this file, please click this link to email Tech Support. Attach both your saved game and the DxDiag.txt file to your email and include a brief description of the problem you are encountering so we may better assist you.
Last update: 2008-12-16 17:21
Author: John K.
You cannot comment on this entry