- Show all categories
- Warnings at Waverly Academy
- Ransom of the Seven Ships
- The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- The Phantom of Venice
- Legend of the Crystal Skull
- The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- The Creature of Kapu Cave
- Danger By Design
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Secret of the Old Clock
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor (DVDi Game)
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Danger on Deception Island
- The Haunted Carousel
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- Secret of the Scarlet Hand
- The Final Scene
- Treasure in the Royal Tower
- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Stay Tuned for Danger
- Secrets Can Kill
- Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses
- Online Download Purchase Questions
- Physical Game & Box Purchase Questions
- Messageboard and Website
- Instant Response
Windows Vista Support
While our older games are not completely Windows Vista compliant (notably games #1-13), there is a workaround which has been successful for most players. Please take the following steps to manually install.
If you had previously installed, uninstall the game and then delete all remaining game file folders from your computer, including emptying them out of your Recycle Bin. These files may be in one of the following locations:
C:\Program Files\Nancy Drew\
In your Documents folder: C:\Users\Username\Documents\
Once this is done, make sure you’re logged on as an Administrator for your computer and manually install by taking the following steps:
1. Go to your ‘Documents’ folder and create a new folder. Rename the folder with the title of the game.
2. Insert game Disk 1 in your disk drive and open ‘Computer’ from the ‘Start’ menu.
3. Double-click on your CD-Rom/DVD drive, look for a Setup or Setup Launcher Installshield file. Double-click this file to start the installation process.
4. When install asks what directory you want your game to install to, click ‘Browse’.
5. Navigate to the game folder you created by selecting ‘C:’ drive, then ‘Users’ (or User name), then ‘Documents’, then select the game folder.
6. Continue forward with the installation process, when asked if you want to install DirectX, check “No, I will install myself”.
7. Upon completion, uncheck the ‘Play Now’ box, click finish and exit setup.For game titles #1-5, follow these three additional steps:
1. Right-click the game icon that is now on your desktop, select ‘Properties’.
2. Under ‘Properties’, click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab.
3. Check the ‘Run in Compatibility Mode’ box and then select ‘Windows 98/Me’ from the drop-down menu.
You should now be able to open and play the game. If you installed an older version of DirectX with the game, please go to Microsoft's Download Center to download and install the latest version of DirectX for your version of Windows.
Last update: 2009-11-12 11:06
Author: John k.
You cannot comment on this entry