- Show all categories
- Warnings at Waverly Academy
- Ransom of the Seven Ships
- The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- The Phantom of Venice
- Legend of the Crystal Skull
- The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- The Creature of Kapu Cave
- Danger By Design
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Secret of the Old Clock
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor (DVDi Game)
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Danger on Deception Island
- The Haunted Carousel
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- Secret of the Scarlet Hand
- The Final Scene
- Treasure in the Royal Tower
- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Stay Tuned for Danger
- Secrets Can Kill
- Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses
- Online Download Purchase Questions
- Physical Game & Box Purchase Questions
- Messageboard and Website
- Instant Response
Component Transfer/Cabinet File Errors (Cyclic Redundancy Check)
During installation you receive one of the following error messages:
Component Transfer Error
Component: Required Video
Error: Data error (Cyclic redundancy check)
Feature: Games File
Error: Incorrect Function
A file that is required cannot be installed because cabinet file XXXX.cab has an invalid digital signature. This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt.
Dirty or damaged discs may
cause the disc drive you are using to have difficulties reading the game
Verify that the disc is free of smudges or scratches, cleaning gently if necessary, and try to reinstall. You can also try copying the contents of the game disc(s) to a folder on your desktop and manually starting the install from the folder by taking the following steps:
1. Create a new folder on your Desktop by right-clicking and selecting 'New' and then 'Folder'. Rename the folder with the game name.
2. Put Disc 1 in your disc drive and navigate to the drive by right-clicking it in My Computer and selecting ‘Open’.
3. Select all game files and drag them from the disc into the folder you created on your Desktop.
4. Once all files have copied over, remove Disc 1 and put Disc 2 in your disc drive. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for Disc 2 (if applicable).
5. Once all files have copied over, open the folder and double-click on the setup.exe file to start installation.
This should start the install process. After the game has successfully installed, you can delete this folder on your desktop as it was for installation purposes only and is not needed to play the game. You may also want to try installing the game on another computer to see if the same problem occurs. If you continue to encounter an error, please contact Tech Support directly for the next step to take in resolving this issue.
Last update: 2009-11-12 11:19
Author: John K.
You cannot comment on this entry