- Show all categories
- Warnings at Waverly Academy
- Ransom of the Seven Ships
- The Haunting of Castle Malloy
- The Phantom of Venice
- Legend of the Crystal Skull
- The White Wolf of Icicle Creek
- The Creature of Kapu Cave
- Danger By Design
- Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon
- Secret of the Old Clock
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor
- Curse of Blackmoor Manor (DVDi Game)
- The Secret of Shadow Ranch
- Danger on Deception Island
- The Haunted Carousel
- Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake
- Secret of the Scarlet Hand
- The Final Scene
- Treasure in the Royal Tower
- Message in a Haunted Mansion
- Stay Tuned for Danger
- Secrets Can Kill
- Dossier: Resorting to Danger
- Dossier: Lights, Camera, Curses
- Online Download Purchase Questions
- Physical Game & Box Purchase Questions
- Messageboard and Website
- Instant Response
Saved game issues
Saved games don't show saved game progress, won't load or were accidentally overwritten.
A failed installation or corrupted file may be causing saved games not to work.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the game should fix corrupted files. Before uninstalling, copy your saved game and paste it to another folder to keep from losing your game progress. Next delete the saved game folder which will be in one of the following locations (depending on how old the game is and what version of Windows you have):
C:\Nancy Drew (older games)
C:\Program Files\Nancy Drew (newer games)
My Documents folder for XP (C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Documents)
Documents folder for Vista (C:\Users\Username\Documents)
After copying your saved game to another location, be sure to delete any remaining game folders and then uninstall and reinstall the game.
Start a new game, play for a minute or two and then save your game. Reload this game to verify the Save feature is working. If it is, then move your old saved game(s) you had copied to another location back to your new saved game folder and try to load that original saved game again. If it still doesn’t work, then that saved game file may be corrupted and no longer able to load or play.
Unfortunately if a saved game is accidentally overwritten, the previous saved game cannot be recovered. We recommend saving multiple games early and often.
Last update: 2009-11-12 11:27
Author: John K.
You cannot comment on this entry