Get Nancy Drew tips and tricks and other Nancy Drew PC games help with our tech support.
Patch - Tomb of the Lost Queen: Locked Letters in Decode Puzzle
Nancy Drew #26: Tomb of the Lost Queen features puzzles requiring the player to decode hieroglyphics using the alphabet bar at the top of the screen. It is possible to encounter a glitch in the Decode Puzzles when playing on Amateur Sleuth mode only.
The problem is seen in the Decode Puzzle when playing on Amateur Sleuth mode. The letters A, F, and N are locked in the wrong position or appear in duplicate. Download the patch below for either PC or Mac to fix this problem.
Make sure to exit the game before downloading and installing the patch. After you have installed the patch, run your game again as normal.
If this problem continues after installing the patch, email email@example.com and attach a copy of your saved game.
1) Click on this link and select Save or Save File: DecodePuzzle_SC.cif
2) The Patch will save to your default download location. Go to this location, usually User\Downloads, then double-click on DecodePuzzle_SC.zip.
3) This opens the zip folder containing DecodePuzzle_SC.cif. Leave this folder open.
4) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nancy Drew\Tomb of the Lost Queen\Ciftree. Double-click the Ciftree folder to open.
5) Copy the DecodePuzzle_SC.cif file from the Downloads folder to the Ciftree folder.
1) Click on this link: DecodePuzzle_SC.cif
2) The Patch will save to your default download location. Open the Downloads folder and find the DecodePuzzle_SC.cif file inside. Leave this folder open.
3) Open the Applications folder.
4) Open Nancy Drew - Tomb of the Lost Queen game folder.
5) Select the Nancy Drew - Tomb of the Lost Queen.app file (scarab icon) and choose Show Package Contents.
6) A new window will open. Then click the following folders in order to open:
e. Program Files
f. Nancy Drew
g. Tomb of the Lost Queen
7) Copy the DecodePuzzle_SC.cif file from the Downloads folder to this Ciftree folder.