Get Nancy Drew tips and tricks and other Nancy Drew PC games help with our tech support.
Patch - Danger on Deception Island: Clams Missing and CSound Error
Two separate patches are available on this page, one for each of the following items:
1. Game crashes when speaking to Casey about the wood samples and gives error message:
CSound::Load Digi Sound()-channel 13 error, file E:\CD Sound\NCP06na.his,CDirect Sound()-Could not open file, most recent HRESULT Direct Sound func Return=DS_OK
2. Unable to find all the clams in the clamming activity.
Please download and install the appropriate patch following the directions below.
1. If you are receiving the sound error, please click on the attached file ddi-wood.exe and select 'Run from this Location' or 'Open' to update your game to fix the sound file errors.
2. Some users are unable to find all the clams in the clamming activity. Before downloading the patch, please note that:
Four (4) clams are found below the lighthouse.
Eleven (11) clams are found at Sand Castle Beach.
After looking for clams in these locations again if you are unable to locate all the clams, download one of the patches and follow the instructions below: DDI_Clamming.zip (recommended download, zipped file) or DDI_Clamming.exe.
Instructions for clamming patch:
- Save the patch to any location on your PC.
- Double-click the patch or select 'Open' or 'Save As'.
- When the patch installer finishes, start your game and go to Whale World.
- Go inside the doors and turn to your right.
- Go to the pedestal table with starfish souvenirs.
- Click on the blue and yellow starfish in the center of the screen.
You will now be able to turn your filled clam bucket in to Jenna.